The Worm is a Critter that spawns underground, or on the surface while raining. Worms also have a chance to spawn when the player breaks grass or stone or dirt piles, which causes them to fly out. Breaking larger rocks in the background has a high possibility of releasing worms. Worms can also be easily obtained by opening a Can Of Worms. The Worm has only 5 health and no defense, and can be damaged by other enemies and players.
The Worm can be caught with any Bug Net to be carried around in the inventory and released later, or crafted into animated decorative furniture (Worm Cage). Once crafted, the Worm cannot be released again, unless the furniture item is de-crafted via Shimmer(Desktop, Console and Mobile versions).
The Worm can be spawned by the Worm Statue, however statue-spawned critters cannot be caught with any Bug Net, and will disappear in a puff of smoke when the player attempts to do so.
|Enchanted Nightcrawler(Desktop, Console and Mobile versions)||By Hand|
|Worm Statue(Desktop, Console and Mobile versions)||Heavy Work Bench(Desktop, Console, Old-gen console and Mobile versions) and Ecto Mist(Desktop, Console and Mobile versions)|
- Worms will become stuck in 1-tile holes in the ground, which can allow for easy collection during rains. However, this only works if both tiles adjacent to the worm are not hammered inclines (i.e. a full block instead of sloped).
- When intending to sell Worms or use them for fishing, it may be worth upgrading them into Enchanted Nightcrawlers(Desktop, Console and Mobile versions) first. These have 10% more bait power and sell for 15 SC more, and require only Fallen Stars, a relatively common crafting material.
- The Bestiary entry for the Worm: "A slick, tubular invertebrate found hiding in rocks, dirt, and grass. Loves the rain. Fish are especially attracted to these."
- Desktop 1.3.1: Can now be used to craft Worm Statues.
- Desktop 18.104.22.168: Can now be used to craft Enchanted Nightcrawlers.
- Desktop 1.2.3: Introduced.