Terraria Wiki:Admin noticeboard
22.214.171.124 (talk • contribs (deleted) • • • ), Joelmillar123321 (talk • contribs (deleted) • • • ), 126.96.36.199 (talk • contribs (deleted) • • • ) Vandalism, pornographic images, repeated vandalism after an edit --Mathbrush1 (talk) 15:29, 20 February 2022 (UTC)
188.8.131.52 (talk • contribs (deleted) • • • ) Edits banners to random semi-related images. Quotes random sentences from the page in the edit description to make them appear like legitimate edit. 184.108.40.206 01:25, 16 January 2022 (UTC)
- They're still at it. 220.127.116.11 23:55, 29 January 2022 (UTC)
Upcoming features/Archive 18.104.22.168 Gallery
I was in a master mode play through and was checking the wiki for types of amunition, but I noticed that it says party bullets arent a hard mode item, even tough they require the empty bullet item to craft. I just wanted to inform you all so this can be fixed.
- This fits better on the talk page of the Party Bullets. Also, it does say they're Hardmode items. --AmsterWikis (talk) 02:06, 7 January 2022 (UTC)
hello avery one, i need to ask, is there in this wiki a page to make a interlanguage link request for in-wiki translation projects ? i worked an this page Coal/ar that it's a subpage of this Coal , and i want to ask, is my work fellow the style guide or i have made a mistake. and thanks Goddamnpro (talk) 05:40, 7 January 2022 (UTC)
I found porn on the wiki when searching the files
Mini figurine purchase
I’m sorry I know this isn’t the right place to post this I just don’t know where to ask the question. A couple months back I bought one of the eye of Cthulhu mini figurines and I haven’t received it or heard any notice of receiving it. Where or who would I contact for that info — Preceding unsigned comment added by Crudyrat81 (talk • contribs) at 12:19, 24 March 2022 (UTC)
- If you're talking about the official EOC figurines from Skyland, it looks like they haven't started shipping them just yet according to the Kickstarter page. --Eraloiz (talk) 11:37, 25 March 2022 (UTC)
Wiki skin missing
The wiki.gg terraria wiki is just completely white, everything looks completely broken, even after refreshing — Preceding unsigned comment added by Joeomaba (talk • contribs) at 14:19, 6 April 2022 (UTC)
- We merged csses to single common.css, so it may need a little time for loading. Westgrass (talk) 15:23, 6 April 2022 (UTC)
Data missing from Cargo Table
The Items Cargo Table is missing the Rainbow Crystal Staff. This causes it not to appear in the List of summon weapons. I cannot edit it myself as it is a special page and I likely do not have the appropriate permission. --Fluxxdog (talk) 01:12, 26 April 2022 (UTC)
Unable to use "click to view content" tables
Hello, I'm unable to use "click to view content" tables such as the one at Fishing#Fish on Firefox 99. This issue also appears to affect Chrome-based browsers. On investigation, there is an error in the browser console (
Uncaught TypeError: table.find(...).parent().andSelf is not a function). This appears to be an issue with MediaWiki:Common.js#L-348. The JQuery API documentation (not sure if I can link it) says that .andSelf is now deprecated, and suggests using .addBack instead. I hope this helps fix the issue. Mount2010 (talk) 01:45, 29 April 2022 (UTC)
- Update, Westgrass fixed the issue immediately after I posted this - it now works. Great! Mount2010 (talk) 01:47, 29 April 2022 (UTC)
Eye of Cthulhu (Phase 1).gif is missing a copyright
so I found that File:Eye of Cthulhu (Phase 1).gif is missing a copyright. Is there a reason for that, or has it just gone un noticed? — Preceding unsigned comment added by Sirlance3000 (talk • contribs) at 22:59, 7 June 2022 (UTC)
Yoyo Bag and "Any Counterweight"
I just uploaded Any_Counterweight.gif to the wiki, which is a GIF that cycles through the 6 counterweights. My intent was to use this GIF for the crafting recipe of the Yoyo Bag, which requires one Counterweight, a White String, and the Yoyo Glove. Currently, this is displayed as six seperate recipes, which I think is unecessarily repetitive/cluttered.
- Hi and thank you for the suggestion! The ingredients grouped under "Any Bird/Fruit/etc." are called alternative crafting ingredients and have one key property that sets them apart from other ingredients: They can be mixed as desired. The page mentions the example of a Chest that can be crafted with one Iron Bar and one Lead Bar thanks to requiring "Any Iron Bar", as opposed to "2 Iron Bars or 2 Lead Bars". Obviously, this has no impact where only one item is required in crafting, as is the case with the Yoyo Bag. Functionally, it makes no difference for players whether the bag requires "Any Counterweight" or a "Black or Blue or etc. Counterweight", so it would seem natural that the two are equivalent. However, there's still a logical discrepancy due to the key property of the alternative crafting ingredients – even if it has no impact in the Yoyo Bag's case.
- Terraria's source code specifically defines the alternative crafting ingredients and in which recipes they can be used. On the wiki, we stick closely to the source code so that we're able to update the recipe data very quickly when a patch comes out and ensure it remains accurate and consistent. For this reason, it doesn't seem justified to me to diverge from the source code here (even if it would reduce clutter). In addition, we would no longer be consistent with the Guide, who displays the six recipes separately as well.
- This doesn't mean things are set in stone, though, since Re-Logic have mentioned that the upcoming 1.4.4 update is focused on quality-of-life changes and have asked for player suggestions. Seeing as the in-game recipe list is also somewhat repetitive with the six Counterweights, it might be worth making a case (e.g. on the forums) for merging the Counterweights into an ingredient group. --Rye Greenwood (talk) 20:08, 15 August 2022 (UTC)
Improving the styling codebase
@Westgrass @Eraloiz Thanks for implementing the theme switcher, westgrass! Although the new themes look great already, there's still plenty of stuff to fix. I don't know about you two, but working on the styling these past few days has shown me once again that our codebase is, to be honest, a hot mess. Common.css is so enormous that it's hard to make changes effectively and it's not getting better with the new themes. Therefore, I propose we use a more structured approach than pure CSS, such as Less. We could store the styling code in an offsite repository, e.g. on GitHub, and only keep the compiled pure CSS here (GitHub, for instance, could even automate the compiling and syncing with the wiki). When I set up the original OOUI styling, I took a look at how it's implemented in standard MediaWiki and, well, it's so much cleaner. Or the Vector skin styles; it's such a nice, clean directory structure that it makes me think, "why can't we have this". What do you think? --Rye Greenwood (talk) 20:55, 1 September 2022 (UTC)
- When Terraria wiki was migrated to wiki.gg, I was tweaking styles and realized that common.css was too big to maintain. So I started looking for some way to break it down into a project for easier maintenance. The first approach I took was to split it into multiple smaller css pages and combine the contents of these files with @import in common.css(You can see it in changes history), but I quickly gave up on this approach as it suffered from cache purge issues and due to the need for Multiple http requests which slow down performance. Next, I instead split the content of common.css into a folder locally and wrote a custom post-processor to process and combine the folder into real common.css content. Later, I migrated this project to SASS based. By this way, I was able to maintain styles more easily, while still keeping the compiled output of common.css quite readable and maintainable. I originally planned to finish theming system before the end of April, and then I was going to find a way to make this project public so you guys can get involved. But, um, I've been through quite a lot of shit things in real world over the past few months, and, I have to say, life has been pretty bad. As a result, I was severely delayed on the schedule. Now that I've finally completed the planned theming system, I am going to focus on finding an efficient way to share my styles project with you guys. Another thing: I've asked @ReedemtheD3ad! to install ext:TemplateStyles on Terraria wikis, I think it can help us move many not-really-common css out of common.css. --Westgrass (talk) 07:19, 2 September 2022 (UTC)
- Somehow I missed it, but this sounds like a great idea. I'd love having things separated into multiple files. --Eraloiz (talk) 00:17, 17 December 2022 (UTC)
Account reclaim feature doesn't seem to be working.
I tried to go through the process for my old account profile history but the reclaim system consistently claimed that 'Your last edit summary is: "(no summary)"'
- It seems like there is already a user of that name registered on this wiki: Special:Contributions/Dilnu. I'm afraid you'll have to create a new account under a different name. --Rye Greenwood (talk) 04:23, 29 September 2022 (UTC)
- You can join Discord and ask @ReedemtheD3ad! for help, I think you can keep your edits history under your new username. --Westgrass (talk) 13:35, 29 September 2022 (UTC)
Cages listed with wrong versions
In Crafting sections, the following items are listed as being exclusive on the wrong versions:
-Emerald Bunny Cage (Desktop, Console, Mobile and Legacy tModLoader) -- is exclusive to Desktop, Console and Mobile
-Ruby Bunny Cage (Desktop, Console, Mobile and Legacy tModLoader) -- is exclusive to Desktop, Console and Mobile
-Amethyst Squirrel Cage (all versions) -- is exclusive to Desktop, Console and Mobile
- Thanks for reporting. These items had incorrect exclusivities set in the database (Module:Exclusive/data). A null-edit on each of the three pages fixed that, as can be seen in this edit, and the versions should show up correctly everywhere now (if not, a purge might be required). --Rye Greenwood (talk) 21:15, 21 November 2022 (UTC)
Missing Cage animations
Some Cages do not have an animated gif on the Cages page. The full list of them is Owl, Turtle, Jungle Turtle, Grebe, Seagull, Seahorse, Gold Seahorse, Amethyst Bunny, Topaz Bunny, Sapphire Bunny, Emerald Bunny, Ruby Bunny, Diamond Bunny, Amber Bunny, Amethyst Squirrel, Topaz Squirrel, Sapphire Squirrel, Emerald Squirrel, Ruby Squirrel, Diamond Squirrel, Amber Squirrel, Scarlet Macaw, Blue Macaw, Toucan, Yellow Cockatiel, Gray Cockatiel, Maggot, Rat, Ladybug, Gold Ladybug, Water Strider, Gold Water Strider, Magma Snail and Stinkbug. SlabFoot20 (talk) 19:54, 21 November 2022 (UTC)
'Ball' projectile redirects
- That's right, I'm assuming the issue was caused by the fact that the table's fields were referred to with "d." in the template, e.g. "d.rate", "d.quantity", etc. – which collided with the "D." in "S.D.M.G.". It's fixed now, thanks for reporting! --Rye Greenwood (talk) 18:24, 4 December 2022 (UTC)
As the title says I noticed that adding sections to talk pages activates the Captcha (I think that's what that's called) that asks you to solve a math problem because there's a link to an external website even if I haven't added a link. Is it because of the signature system or is it a fail-safe in-case bots try to raid the wiki. Edit: I should mention that it only happens sometimes, as when adding this section it didn't activate. Cytra (talk) 18:03, 14 December 2022 (UTC)
Editing Golden Delight recipe to use "Any Golden Critter" item group
Hi, I know a lot of people get confused because they assume Golden Delight takes 1 of EACH critter instead of just any single one. I am trying to get an item group set so that the recipe can say "Any Golden Critter" much like Fruit Juice requires "Any Fruit".
I already created an item group with all of the Golden Critters in it. The recipe just needs to be changed, but the Cooking Pot Recipes page is edit-protected.
If an admin could simply edit the recipe to use the new "Any Golden Critter" group, that would be much appreciated!