Halloween is a seasonal event which lasts from around mid-October until around the start of November. During this time, several enemies wear costumes that change their appearance, unique enemies spawn, and new items become available via enemy drops or via purchase. Goodie Bags also drop, offering random Halloween-themed items, mostly decorative or vanity. Pumpkins grow naturally on grass during Halloween.
The duration of the event depends on the game platform:
|October 10th||–||November 1st|
|Old-gen console||October 20th||–||November 10th|
|October 1st||–||November 10th|
Reaching the end of the Pumpkin Moon starts one in-game day of the Halloween event, regardless of the date.
- Candy Apple(replaces Hearts)
- Soul Cake(replaces Mana Stars)
- Goodie Bag(1/80 or 1.25% chance)
(see table below for explanation)
- Bloody Machete(1/2000 or 0.05% chance)
- Bladed Glove(1/2000 or 0.05% chance)
- Magical Pumpkin Seed(1/200 or 0.5% chance)
A "weak enemy" is defined as any enemy that drops at least 1, but has a maximum health, defense and base amount of dropped coins less than the following:
|Damage||< 40||< 80||< 120|
|Defense||< 20||< 20||< 20|
|Coins||< 5||< 1250||< 1250|
Note that these values are unaffected by the Enemy Difficulty Slider in Journey Mode.
- Halloween can be "activated" by setting the device's date to any date within the respective Halloween timespan.
- Change the computer's date to any day between October 10th and November 1st.
- Disconnect from Xbox Live / PSN and change the console time.
- Disconnect from automatic date/time updates and change the time manually. Note that this does not work for some devices.
- Go to "System Settings" and set the date there.
- Go to "System Settings" and go to "system", click on "Date and Time" and set the time there.
- If a change of the device's time is undesired, applications like RunAsDate allow launching Terraria with a changed time and date.
- The tree in the Halloween logo appears to be made of Spooky Wood, an item which drops in bulk during the similarly-themed Pumpkin Moon event.
- Desktop 126.96.36.199:
- Halloween period begins on October 10th instead of October 20th.
- Reaching the end of the Pumpkin Moon unlocks one in-game day of the Halloween event.
- Merchant no longer sells Tax Collector's set during Halloween.
- Weak enemy requirements now scale depending on the difficulty.
- Desktop 1.3.4: Halloween period finishes on November 1st instead of November 10th.
- Desktop 188.8.131.52:
- Clothier now sells Clothier's Pants and Clothier's Jacket.
- Dye Trader now sells Turban, completing the Dye Trader's set.
- Sickle is now sold by Merchant always (not just at Halloween).
- Desktop 184.108.40.206: Fixed a bug causing the game to not check for Halloween dates in multiplayer.
- Desktop 1.2.1: Introduced.
- Mobile 1.2.6508: Introduced.
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.