- Item (Quantity)Rate
- Ivy(Only if name is Whitney)100%
- Internal NPC ID: 178
|Clentaminator||2||When not in a Don't dig up or Get fixed boi world.|
|Steampunk Hat||150||During the moon phases 1–4:|
|Steampunk Shirt||150||During the moon phases 1–4:|
|Steampunk Pants||150||During the moon phases 1–4:|
|Jetpack||40||Hardmode, During the moon phases 5–8:|
|Solidifier||10||During the day.|
|Blend-O-Matic||10|| Always available. |
|Flesh Cloning Vat||10||In Crimson worlds.|
|Decay Chamber||10||In Corruption worlds.|
|Ice Machine||10||When spoken to in an Ice biome.|
|Sky Mill||10||When spoken to in Space.|
|Honey Dispenser||10||When spoken to in the Jungle.|
|Bone Welder||10||When spoken to in a Graveyard.|
|Living Loom||10||If the player has a Living Wood Wand in their inventory.|
|Steampunk Boiler||10||If the Eye of Cthulhu, Eater of Worlds/Brain of Cthulhu, and Skeletron have been defeated.|
|Purple Solution||15||During a Blood Moon or Solar Eclipse in Corruption worlds, when not in a Don't dig up or Get fixed boi world.|
|Red Solution||15||During a Blood Moon or Solar Eclipse in Crimson worlds, when not in a Don't dig up or Get fixed boi world.|
|Blue Solution||15||When spoken to in a Hallow or Underground Hallow, and not in a Don't dig up or Get fixed boi world. (When there is no Blood Moon or Solar Eclipse.)|
|Green Solution||15||When spoken to in any other biome, and not in a Don't dig up or Get fixed boi world. (When there is no Blood Moon or Solar Eclipse.)|
|Yellow Solution||15||After defeating Moon Lord, when not in a Don't dig up or Get fixed boi world.|
|White Solution||15||After defeating Moon Lord, when not in a Don't dig up or Get fixed boi world.|
|Brown Solution||15||After defeating Moon Lord, when not in a Don't dig up or Get fixed boi world.|
|Steampunk Minecart||10||Always available.|
|Steampunk Goggles||3||During Halloween.|
|Steampunk Wings||3||After defeating Golem.|
|Logic Gates||2||Always available.|
|Logic Gate Lamp (Off)||10||Always available.|
|Logic Gate Lamp (On)||10||Always available.|
|Logic Gate Lamp (Faulty)||2||Always available.|
|Static Hook||50||During Hardmode.|
|Conveyor Belt||5||Always available.|
|Any Pylon||10||When in a specific biome and is happy enough.|
For more information, see NPC happiness.
|Shimmered Steampunker and her Map Icon.|
When submerged in Shimmer, the Steampunker will transform into her Shimmered form. This has no impact on gameplay or dialogue and is only a visual change. She can be returned to her classic look by submerging her in Shimmer again.
- The Steampunker's move-in requirements do not expressly require a world to be in Hardmode. Summoning and defeating a mechanical boss in a pre-Hardmode world will allow the Steampunker to move in, though this can only be legitimately achieved by carrying over resources from an existing Hardmode world.
- The Steampunker is one of the starting NPC in Celebrationmk10 and Get fixed boi worlds. This means that it is possible to get her Hardmode items legitimately in a pre-Hardmode world without transferring them from a Hardmode world (e.g. Asphalt Blocks for arenas).
- Re-defeating the Eye of Cthulhu and Eater of Worlds/Brain of Cthulhu may be necessary to buy the Steampunk Boiler after the Steampunker arrives.
- The Steampunker does not sell Dark Blue Solution if moved to the Glowing Mushroom biome. It is sold by the Truffle instead.
The Steampunker may have any of the following names:
When Cyborg is present:
When Pirate is present:
During a Blood Moon:
During a Party:
During Rain :
During a Thunderstorm:
During a Windy Day:
When in a Graveyard:
When far from home:
When in a sparse area:
When in a Desert:
When in the Jungle:
When near the Cyborg:
When near the Princess:
When near the Painter:
When near the Party Girl:
When near the Wizard:
When near the Dryad:
- Steampunk is a sci-fi/fantasy term used to describe a subculture that incorporates technology and aesthetic designs inspired by 19th-century industrial steam-powered machinery.
- The Steampunker occasionally talks about becoming an air pirate. Air pirates are a staple of the steampunk genre.
- The Steampunker can be seen working on the Cyborg in the credits.
- The Steampunker was sprited by former artist Sarah "Waffles" Data.
- One of the Steampunker's possible names, Whitney, is also the name of Cenx, a Terraria developer and Redigit's wife.
- The name Minerva is a reference to the Roman goddess of handicrafts and wisdom.
- The name Zelda may be a reference to the Nintendo game series The Legend of Zelda.
- The name Ada is a reference to the 19th century English mathematician and writer Ada Lovelace, who pioneered work on Charles Babbage's "computer."
- One of the Steampunker's quotes regarding the Pirate comments states that he seems to be "pretty well over the bay," which is a 19th century Celtic phrase meaning drunk.
- The Steampunker is the only Hardmode NPC that can also be obtained in a regular pre-Hardmode world that isn't a Secret world seed.
- The quote "I prefer the wide open spaces here in the Desert, great for jetpack joyrides!" is a reference to the mobile game Jetpack Joyride.
- She most likely has a Cockney accent, judging by the way she speaks. The accent is typically associated with steampunk themes. However, when talking about NPC's she dislikes, she uses the word "dinnae" which is a Scottish word meaning "did not" or "do not".
- Her quote, "I'm mighty curious about that <name of Cyborg> fellow. By what manner of consumption does he maintain such locomotion?" implies that she does not know the Cyborg very well, despite the Bestiary entry for the Cyborg stating that he was built with the combined efforts of the Mechanic and the Steampunker.
- The Bestiary entry for the Steampunker: "The Steampunker has a particular taste for steam-fueled machinery and gadgets. She sells her gizmos with an endearing accent."
- Desktop 1.4.1:
- Desktop 188.8.131.52:
- Desktop 184.108.40.206: Fixed bug where Cogs could be overwritten by another item in the Steampunker's shop.
- Desktop 1.2.3:
- Desktop 1.2: Introduced.
- Console 1.0.933.1: Now sells Steampunk Wings, no longer sells Solidifier. ()
- Console 1.0.750.0: Now sells Steampunk Wings, no longer sells Solidifier. ()
- Console 1.06: Now sells the Steampunk Boiler and Flesh Cloning Vat.
- Console 1.02: Introduced, sells Steampunk Goggles during the Halloween season.
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile 220.127.116.11: Now sells Steampunk Wings, no longer sells Solidifier.
- Mobile 1.2.11212: Now sells the Steampunk Boiler and Flesh Cloning Vat.
- Mobile 1.2.6508: Introduced, sells Steampunk Goggles during the Halloween season.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced, sells Steampunk Goggles during the Halloween season.
- Private Yankee Doodle, by Joseph Plumb Martin, edited by George F. Scheer. Originally published in 1830. Little, Brown & Co, 1962. Eastern Acorn Press, 1988. Page 145