The wind blows with the leaves, the leaves blow with the wind.
A Windy Day is an event that occurs when the wind speed surpasses 20 mph. The event will stop when the wind speed decreases past 16 mph. The wind can either come from the east or the west, making background objects like trees, vines, plants, banners and lanterns sway in the same direction.
Windy Days have a few unique entities that only spawn during daytime, such as Ladybugs, slimes attached to flying balloons, and Angry Dandelions. During the event certain enemies have a chance to drop Kites and the Merchant will sell the Pin Wheel.
- The "actual" Windy Day event occurs only when the time is between 7:30 AM and 4:30 PM. Meaning that the event's unique enemies and music will only spawn and play between these hours.
- However, enemies that can drop kites will still drop them regardless of time, so long as the wind speed is above 16 mph.
- The Windy Day music only plays in the Forest and Hallow biomes and will override the "Town (Day)" theme if near a town.
- NPCs have special dialog during a Windy Day.
- If Rain occurs at the same time as a Windy Day, it will result in a Thunderstorm.
- Windy Balloons and lost kites can occasionally appear as ambient entities, flying around in the background during the event.
- Desktop 22.214.171.124: Introduced.
- Console 126.96.36.199.4.1: Introduced.
- Switch 188.8.131.52.5: Introduced.
- Mobile 184.108.40.206.0: Introduced.