This article is about the enemies. For the collectible bait items, see Jellyfish (bait)
Jellyfish are enemies found in water. When underwater, they attack by propelling themselves towards the player in short bursts. When outside of water, they will be unable to move or pursue the player in any way. Jellyfish are able to jump out of the water to attack players, often leaving them stranded on land. Most varieties of Jellyfish produce light, making them easy to spot in dark areas. There are currently 5 Jellyfish variants, 3 of which only appear during Hardmode.
In Expert Mode(Desktop, Console and Mobile versions), Jellyfish will periodically become electrified, making them invincible for the duration of the attack. A Jellyfish will constantly maintain its speed while electrified unless it comes into contact with a wall or the water's surface. If the player attacks a Jellyfish with a sword while it is electrified (or any other swung item that deals direct damage, such as most tools), the player will be hurt by 1.3× contact damage of the Jellyfish. (Desktop, Console and Mobile versions) This also applies to projectile contact weapons (Spears, Shortswords, Solar Eruption, Sleepy Octopod, Sky Dragon's Fury, and Whips).
|Coins||1 SCPre-Hardmode: 2 SC50 CCHardmode: 4 SC|
|Coins||1 SCPre-Hardmode: 2 SC50 CCHardmode: 2 SC|
Green JellyfishHardmode exclusive
|Debuff tooltip||Cannot use items that require mana|
|Duration||7 seconds14 seconds|
Blood JellyHardmode exclusive
- Item (Quantity)Rate
Fungo FishHardmode exclusive
- Jellyfish Statues can be Wired to spawn Blue Jellyfish.
- If knocked out of water and onto dry blocks, Jellyfish are rendered immobile until knocked back into water, or water reaches them again. In expert mode, this will also prevent them from becoming electrified.
- Blue and Green Jellyfish are capable of spawning in the Underworld if there is a large enough body of water.
- Blue, Pink and Green Jellyfish: "That strange tingling sensation in the water may be the unwelcome surging of electrical death from a brainless jellyfish. Swim with care."
- Blood Jelly: "Jellyfish swimming in the bloody waters of the Crimson become infected, converting them to its all-consuming cause."
- Fungo Fish: "Some fish exposed to glowing mushroom spores become a curious mushroom-jellyfish hybrid, glowing softly in the watery depths."
- Desktop 220.127.116.11: Fixed a bug that gave an incorrect death message when killed by Jellyfish Shock Attacks.
- Desktop 1.4.4:
- Expert Electric Shock attack now applies to projectile contact weapons (Spears, Shortswords, Solar Eruption, Sleepy Octopod, Sky Dragon's Fury, and Whips).
- Blood Jelly's Monster Meat drop rate reduced from 1/1000 to 1/1500. In Don't Starve seeds, changed from 1/200 to 1/500.
- Desktop 18.104.22.168: Fixed Expert Mode Jellyfish counterattack hitting the player while the player can not hit the Jellyfish.
- Desktop 22.214.171.124:
- Shock attack introduced.
- Blue Jellyfish damage increased from 20 to 25, and life from 30 to 34.
- Green and Pink Jellyfish now drop their own respective banners.
- ↑ Information taken from the Desktop 126.96.36.199 source code, method
Terraria.Player.cs. There may be inaccuracies, as the current Desktop version is 188.8.131.52.