Jump to navigation Jump to search
This article is about the crafting material. For the naturally occurring block, see Desert Fossil.
Sturdy Fossils are crafting materials used to make the Fossil armor, Bone Throwing Knife, Amber Staff, Scarab Bomb and Bone Javelin. Sturdy Fossils are obtained by putting Desert Fossils in the Extractinator, with a 10% chance of acquiring a Sturdy Fossil from each Desert Fossil.
Placed Sturdy Fossils sparkle when an ore-detecting item is used. Placed Sturdy Fossils also show up when a Metal Detector is used, even though they do not spawn naturally.
Sturdy Fossils can also be obtained from Tomb Crawlers, Basilisks, Oasis Crates, and Mirage Crates.
|Scarab Bomb||By Hand|
|Amber Staff||Iron Anvil|
|Bone Throwing Knife30|
- Sturdy Fossils have no sell value, so crafting them into Bone Throwing Knives is the best way to sell them. Selling Bone Throwing Knives yields 3 per Sturdy Fossil used. However, Scarab Bombs sell for more at a profit of 30 but if the player is buying Bombs to craft them, it is better to craft the knives instead.
- Not counting the javelins or the throwing knives, making all of the fossil equipment requires 87 Sturdy Fossils.
- Placed Sturdy Fossils only blend with Desert Fossil blocks.
- Desktop 1.4.1: Can now be obtained from Tomb Crawlers, Oasis Crates, and Mirage Crates.
- Desktop 22.214.171.124: Now used to craft the Fossil Pickaxe and Scarab Bombs.
- Desktop 126.96.36.199: Introduced.
- Console 1.0.933.1: Introduced. ()
- Console 1.0.750.0: Introduced. ()
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile 188.8.131.52: Introduced.