Mud Blocks are a very common block type that comprises the majority of the Jungle, Underground Jungle, and Glowing Mushroom biome. Mud Blocks may be covered by Jungle grass, Mushroom grass, (Desktop, Console and Mobile versions) Corrupt grass, or Crimson grass on any side, which can be planted with Jungle Grass Seeds, Mushroom Grass Seeds, (Desktop, Console and Mobile versions) Corrupt Seeds, and Crimson Seeds. Only Jungle grass and Mushroom grass are incapable of growing on Dirt Blocks.
Sink(Desktop, Console and Mobile versions)
|Mud Block||Work Bench|
|Mud Wall4||Work Bench and Ecto Mist(Desktop, Console and Mobile versions)|
- (Desktop, Console and Mobile versions) Chlorophyte Ore is capable of turning nearby Dirt Blocks into Mud.
- (Old-gen console and 3DS versions) In Hardmode, the evil biomes are capable of converting nearby Mud Blocks to Dirt Blocks.
- Desktop 1.4.4: Corrupt and Crimson Grass can now grow on mud.
- Desktop 1.2: Stack limit was raised from 250 to 999.
- Desktop 1.0.6: Removed chance to fall when struck (reverting the earlier change).
- Desktop 1.0.5: Added chance to fall when struck.
- Desktop-Release: Introduced.
- Console-Release: Introduced.
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile-Release: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.