Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Placeable||✔️ (1 wide × 1 high)|
|Use time||15 (Very fast)|
|Tooltip||'A pebble of the heavens'|
Luminite is a Hardmode ore dropped exclusively by the Moon Lord in stacks of 70–90 (90–110). It can be used to craft Luminite Bars, which can then be used to craft several end-game items, like the Solar, Nebula, Vortex, and Stardust tools and armor.
Crafting all items (excluding ammunition) requires a total of 327 Luminite Bars (1,308 Luminite; requires defeating the Moon Lord 15–19 / 12–15 times). Crafting all items pertaining to one type of Lunar Fragment (i.e., armor, wings, pickaxe, and hamaxe) requires 68 Luminite Bars (204 Luminite) in addition to 85 of the Lunar Fragment; this requires defeating the Moon Lord only 3 / 2-3 times.
total: 4 row(s)
- All items crafted from Luminite produce a faint glow, even with vanity items equipped over them.
- Selling Void Monoliths nets 1750 (233.33%) more than selling the required Luminite or an equivalent number of Luminite Bars.
- Luminite differs from other ores in numerous ways:
- It is only dropped by a boss.
- It is not crafted into bars at a Furnace or Hellforge/Hardmode Forge.
- It cannot be detected by the Spelunker Potion, Magic Lantern, Metal Detector, or Suspicious Looking Tentacle.
- It does not have a specific associated armor set or sword.
- There are no alternate ores for it.
- It can be mined with any pickaxe or equivalents.
- Luminite is referred to as
LunarOrein the game's source code, despite the differences from normal ores outlined above.
- Desktop 18.104.22.168: Fixed an issue where Luminite Ore and Bricks made "Dirt" thud sounds when mined, instead of ore/metal sounds.
- Desktop 22.214.171.124: Now used to craft the Void Monolith.
- Desktop 126.96.36.199: Introduced.
- Console 1.0.933.1: Introduced. ()
- Console 1.0.750.0: Introduced. ()
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile 188.8.131.52: Introduced.