|Debuff||Shadow Candle(Desktop, Console and Mobile versions)|
|Debuff tooltip||Dispels the peace of towns|
|Duration||Infinite while in vicinity|
- Internal Item ID: 5322 (Desktop, Console and Mobile versions)
- Internal Tile ID: 646
- Internal Buff ID: 350 (Desktop, Console and Mobile versions)
The Shadow Candle is a furniture item that can be placed or held to nullify the enemy spawn reduction benefits of towns in the area. When placed, it grants nearby players the Shadow Candle debuff. The debuff is applied to any players standing within a rectangular area of 170×125 tiles centered on a Shadow Candle. Holding a Shadow Candle does not cause the debuff icon to display, but still causes an identical effect. In order to be considered "holding" the candle, it must be in the player's hotbar and currently selected; merely being in a player's inventory will not suffice.
Pressing ⚷ Open / Activate on a placed Shadow Candle will turn it off. Shadow Candles that are turned off will not activate the Shadow Candle debuff.
- Shadow Candles will also stop the Town Day/Town Night music tracks from playing in its vicinity.
- In the presence of a Shadow Candle, standing still or in front of safe walls will not prevent Wyverns, Chaos Elementals and other enemies with such particular conditions from spawning.
- Since the Skeleton Merchant is not considered a Town NPC in regards to reducing enemy spawns, the candle has no effect on his disruptive presence in farms.
- ↑ Information taken from the Desktop 220.127.116.11 source code, method