|Buff tooltip||Increased max number of minions|
The Bewitching Table is a furniture item found naturally placed in the Dungeon. In Hardmode, it is also sold by the Witch Doctor for 10 if the Wizard is present.
Placing and pressing ⚷ Open / Activate on the Bewitching Table grants the Bewitched buff, which increases the player's minion capacity by 1. This lasts until the player dies or leaves the world, but can be canceled at any time by right-clicking the icon (), by selecting the icon using Cycle Next/Previous Buff and then pressing Remove Buff (), or by double-tapping the buff icon ().
Unlike equipment buff items, the Bewitching Table must be placed in order to activate the buff. It can be mined with a pickaxe or drill and picked up again, even while the buff is active, which will not cancel the buff. Placement is only dependent on an adequate space of 3×3 tiles being available.
- The Bewitching Table can be activated limitlessly with no cooldown period. It is never consumed, and all players may use it to give themselves the buff.
- It counts as a valid flat-surface item for housing, but cannot be stood upon.
- It counts as a table for crafting purposes, and can be placed on tables.
- The Bewitching Table does not have an effect on sentry capacity. The latter can be increased by the War Table.
- The staff on the buff icon could be a Raven Staff due to the apparent feather-like purple spikes on the top, however the shape of the shaft much more closely resembles the Slime Staff sprite with what appears to be purple slime dripping off of it. Due to the fact that the buff was added after both the Raven and Slime Staves (184.108.40.206 vs. 1.2.1 and 1.2) it is likely that the icon is supposed to depict an amalgamation of multiple summon weapons and was purposely meant to be left ambiguous.