- Wand of Sparking
- Wand of Frosting
- Gray Zapinator
- Aqua Scepter
- Thunder Zapper
- Space Gun
- Ice Rod
- Golden Shower
- Demon Scythe
- Laser Rifle
- Magic Dagger
- Orange Zapinator
- Sky Fracture
- Shadowflame Hex Doll
- Crystal Serpent
- Leaf Blower
- Frost Staff
- Poison Staff
- Heat Ray
- Venom Staff
- Unholy Trident
- Bubble Gun
- Laser Machinegun
- Charged Blaster Cannon
- Last Prism
- Betsy's Wrath
|Knockback||0 (No knockback)|
|Placeable||✔️ (4 wide × 3 high)|
|Use time||15 (Very fast)|
- Cannonball (friendly)
- Internal Item ID: 928
- Internal Tile ID: 209
- Internal Projectile ID: 162
The Cannon is an interactive furniture item purchased from the Pirate for 25. It can be placed on the ground and, when activated, either by a Player (consuming a Cannonball) or by wire (), fires an arcing cannonball that explodes on contact, dealing heavy damage without destroying blocks. The Cannon is powerful but immobile, functioning as a fixed gun emplacement, and so is best suited for tasks such as home defense.
A more powerful version of the Cannon known as the Bunny Cannon is sold by the Pirate when the Party Girl is present and one Mechanical boss is defeated.
Once placed, the angle of the Cannon can be adjusted by right-clicking either side of the Cannon to rotate it in that direction, or tapping the side of the cannon. There are 9 possible orientations and it cannot fire downward, though the arcing trajectory of the cannonballs can be used to hit targets below the emplacement. Each click/tap tilts the Cannon by one step (22.5°).
The Cannon is fired by left-clicking it with a cannonball in hand, while pressing the Auto Select key with a cannonball in your inventory, or tapping the cannon with a cannonball in hand. In either case, the cannonball is consumed. On Desktop version, Console version, and Mobile version, it can also be triggered by wire. Depending on where the wire is connected, it will either shoot a cannonball or rotate toward the side the wire is on. If triggered by wires the cannonballs will do no damage.
- Activating a Cannon through wires will fire a mostly aesthetic cannonball. The cannonball does no damage to NPCs or players, but it will still trigger a Teal Pressure Pad if it hits one.
- Despite being weaker than the Bunny Cannon, the cannon could be seen as a better choice of home defense, due to the fact cannonballs are easier to obtain than Explosive Bunnies.
- Although it appears to only take up a 3×2 space, it requires that all 12 tiles in its vicinity are free; this is because the cannon needs the extra space in order to properly rotate. It also appears as a 4×3 object on the minimap.
- If used quickly, the sound that the cannonballs make exploding on the ground causes the sound of the cannon launching the cannonballs to stop before it is completed and make shorter bursts of incomplete noise.
- When fired on a flat surface:
- At 0° the cannonball impacts the ground 21 tiles away.
- At 22.5° the cannonball reaches a maximum height of 8 tiles and impacts the ground 43 tiles away.
- At 45° the cannonball reaches a maximum height of 23 tiles and impacts the ground 45 tiles away.
- At 67.5° the cannonball reaches a maximum height of 32 tiles and impacts the ground 29 tiles away.
- Desktop 18.104.22.168: Item and placed sprites updated.
- Desktop 22.214.171.124: Can now be triggered by enemies and NPCs via Pressure Plates.
- Desktop 1.3.1: Can now be wired.
- Desktop 126.96.36.199: Cannonballs have a lower arc.
- Desktop 1.2: Introduced.
- Console 1.02: Introduced.
- Mobile 1.2.6508: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.