The Enchanted Sundial skipping a day. Note the clouds and sun speeding across the top of the screen.
The Enchanted Sundial is a Hardmode furniture item that can be placed. Pressing the ⚷ Open / Activate button on it will advance time to sunrise (4:30 AM) the following day. It has a 7-day cooldown period, so once used, it will not be usable again until 7 in-game days (2 hours and 48 minutes in real time) have passed normally. It is obtained from fished Pearlwood (
0.5*1/200 (0.5%) chance), Mythril, ( 1.67*1/60 (1.67%) chance), and Titanium Crates ( 5*1/20 (5%) chance).
The Enchanted Sundial does not turn the time to the next day immediately. It instead "fast-forwards" time, causing it to pass more quickly than usual.
The Enchanted Moondial is its night counterpart, allowing the player to advance time to dusk (7:30 PM) of the current or following day.
- Its 7-day cooldown is shared between all Enchanted Sundials in the current world, so a second Sundial cannot be used to circumvent it.
- The chances of invasions and other events are calculated as if the time actually passed.
- In multiplayer, the Sundial will only count a cooldown day passing if there are players online when the in-game day changes.
- The 7-day cooldown will be instantly reset if a Blood Moon or Solar Eclipse occurs naturally, allowing the player to skip these events.
- When the Enchanted Sundial is available for use, the dial at the top of its sprite and the circle in the middle will both glow a bright yellow.
- The Enchanted Sundial is a mechanism that can be activated when connected to wire.
- The Enchanted Sundial's cooldown timer is separate from the Enchanted Moondial's cooldown timer, so using one does not affect the other.
- The Enchanted Sundial shares its color palette and architectural theme with much of the Skyware furniture set, though there is no direct correlation between the two.
- Desktop 1.4.4:
- Now glows when it is charged.
- Will instantly become charged if a natural Blood Moon or Solar Eclipse begins.
- Can now be triggered via wire.
- Now used to craft the Enchanted Moondial via shimmer.
- Desktop 184.108.40.206: Fixed an issue where Enchanted Sundial would cause heavy FPS drops.
- Desktop 220.127.116.11: Fixed a bug where speeding time up with an Enchanted Sundial would make some unusual visual effects.