Animation of the Bunny Cannon. Note how the Explosive Bunnies
bounce off of solid blocks.
The Bunny Cannon is an interactive furniture item. It can be purchased from the Pirate for 50 when the Party Girl is present and one of the mechanical bosses has been defeated. It works like a Cannon, albeit firing Explosive Bunnies instead of Cannonballs.
Similar to the Cannon, the Bunny Cannon can also be triggered by wire. Depending on where the wire is connected, it will either shoot an Explosive Bunny or rotate toward the side the wire is on. Note that Explosive Bunnies fired by this way is purely aesthetic and will not deal damage.
- If the Explosive Bunny does not explode after it is launched from the Bunny Cannon, it will turn into its critter form after losing all momentum.
- Explosive Bunnies launched from the Bunny Cannon will explode after several seconds after losing all momentum.
- This weapon serves well against slow bosses such as the Golem.
- Since Explosive Bunnies can exist as critters, care should be taken while firing with Bunny Cannon while moving, as the player might accidentally place the Explosive Bunnies and then kill them, resulting in the player receiving huge amounts of damage.
- Bunnies are iconic Terraria elements found in many of the logos, and cruelty against bunnies is a recurring theme among the fanbase that is even referenced in a loading screen tip: "Killing Bunnies is cruel. Period."
- When used with the Explosive Bunny, the Bunny Cannon has the second highest base damage in the game, only beaten by the Holy Hand Grenade.
- The Bunny Cannon can be considered an upgrade to the normal Cannon, since it has a higher base damage.
- Desktop 220.127.116.11: Fixed a bug where Bunny Cannon does not drop as item when broken.