Chaos ElementalHardmode exclusive
The Chaos Elemental is a Hardmode enemy that spawns on Pearlstone, Pearlsand and Pink Ice Blocks in the Cavern layer. It runs around and teleports quickly, attempting to damage the player by making contact. It will teleport anywhere in a random position within 20 tiles from its target, but at least 4 tiles away, and only into a space that is at least 4 tiles tall and 3 tiles wide. It will not teleport into lava, though it can easily fall into it after teleporting.
The Old-gen console version and Nintendo version also feature the exclusive Spectral Elemental variant.
Like many Underground Hallow enemies, Chaos Elementals have a glowing pink after-image.
- Chaos Elementals may also spawn if the player is not specifically in the Underground Hallow. They only require a block of Pearlstone, Pearlsand, or Pink Ice to spawn on.
- Chaos Elementals will only attempt to teleport if they are not directly damaged by a player for an extended period of time. Traps such as lava will not stop them from teleporting.
- Chaos Elementals will only spawn if the following conditions are fulfilled:
- The player is not standing in front of a safe background wall.
- No NPCs are housed nearby.
- This requirement does not apply when the player is within range of a Shadow Candle.
- (Desktop, Console and Mobile versions) The player has moved more than 3 pixels (18.75% of a tile) per second for at least 5 seconds.
- In Celebrationmk10(Desktop, Console and Mobile versions) worlds, the drop rate of the Rod of Discord is increased to 1/100 (1%).
- Elementals are magical entities who embody/personify a force of nature. Historically, elementals personify one of the four Classical elements: earth, water, air or fire (sometimes plant, but never Aether). The fantasy tabletop role-playing game Dungeons & Dragons introduced elementals that were fusions, and other unconventional elementals.
- The Bestiary entry for the Chaos Elemental: "Once living beings infused by the blessing, they erratically make chase with an uncontrollable surge of luminous power."
- Desktop 1.2.3: No longer spawns in the Underground Hallow if the world is not in Hardmode.
- ↑ Information taken from the Desktop 220.127.116.11 source code, method
- ↑ Information taken from the Desktop 18.104.22.168 source code, property
Terraria.Player.cs and field