Jump to navigation Jump to search
For the Nintendo Switch version of the game, see Console version.
The Switch is an activation mechanism purchased from the Mechanic for 20. It can also be found in the Dungeon connected to Chain Lanterns, where it can be harvested with a Pickaxe or Drill.
The Switch can be placed on top or on the sides of blocks, or on the sides of Wooden Beams or trees. Switches can also be placed on background walls. It is activated by right-clicking on it.
Despite its name, the Switch does not need to act as an on/off mechanism. When wired to Dart Traps, for example, right-clicking the Switch will always cause the Trap to shoot, the same as a Pressure Plate would, no matter which position the switch happens to be in.
- The Switch is identical in operation to the Lever, except Switches cannot be placed on platforms. The Lever is also easier to see and provides a larger clicking target, whereas Switches can be more difficult to spot and click on due to being only a single tile in size (which may actually be a benefit in PvP, should a player wish to hide a trap mechanism). Switches can be painted like most other blocks, allowing them to be camouflaged to blend in with their surroundings.
- Desktop 184.108.40.206: Sprite updated.
- Desktop 1.2.3: Now placeable on walls.
- Desktop 220.127.116.11: Fixed switch duplication bug (presumably for real this time).
- Desktop 18.104.22.168: Switch duplication no longer works.
- Desktop 1.2: Stack limit increased from 250 to 999.
- Desktop 1.1: Introduced.
- Console-Release: Introduced.
- Mobile-Release: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.