Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Placeable||✔️ (2 wide × 3 high)|
|Use time||15 (Very fast)|
|Tooltip||Allows time to fast forward to dusk one day per week|
The Enchanted Moondial is a furniture item that can be placed. Pressing the ⚷ Open / Activate button on it will advance time to dusk (7:30 PM) the current or following day. It has a 7-day cooldown period, so once used, it will not be usable again until 7 in-game days (2 hours and 48 minutes in real time) have passed normally. The Enchanted Moondial is obtained by throwing an Enchanted Sundial into Shimmer.
The Enchanted Moondial does not turn the time to dusk immediately. It instead "fast-forwards" time, causing it to pass more quickly than usual.
|Enchanted Moondial||Shimmer Transmutation|
- The 7-day cooldown will be instantly reset if a Blood Moon or Solar Eclipse occurs naturally, allowing the player to skip these events.
- When the Enchanted Moondial is available for use, the dial at the top of its sprite will glow a bright blue. The circle in the middle will also glow in a shape that represents the current phase of the moon, essentially functioning as a Sextant. However, its sprite does not change in the player's inventory.
- This effect gives off light, but it does not count as a light source for housing.
- The Enchanted Moondial's cooldown timer is separate from the Enchanted Sundial's cooldown timer, so using one does not affect the other.
- Alternative methods to accelerate time are sleeping in a Bed and the Power Menu in Journey Mode.
- Desktop 1.4.4: Introduced.
- Console 1.4.4: Introduced.
- Switch 1.4.4: Introduced.
- Mobile 1.4.4: Introduced.