(Redirected from Sensor)Jump to navigation Jump to search
Sensors are Hardmode mechanisms that emit a signal under specific circumstances. There are 7 different types of sensors, split into 2 sub-categories: Logic Sensors and Liquid Sensors.
|Logic Sensor (Day)
Internal Item ID: 3613
|Activates once day starts|
|Logic Sensor (Night)
Internal Item ID: 3614
|Activates once night starts|
|Logic Sensor (Player Above)
Internal Item ID: 3615
|Activates whenever players are over it, deactivates otherwise|
|Liquid Sensor (Water)
Internal Item ID: 3726
|Activates whenever occupied by water, deactivates otherwise|
|Liquid Sensor (Lava)
Internal Item ID: 3727
|Activates whenever occupied by lava, deactivates otherwise|
|Liquid Sensor (Honey)
Internal Item ID: 3728
|Activates whenever occupied by honey, deactivates otherwise|
|Liquid Sensor (Any)
Internal Item ID: 3729
|Activates whenever occupied by liquid, deactivates otherwise|
|Liquid Sensor (Any)||Mythril Anvil|
|Liquid Sensor (Honey)|
|Liquid Sensor (Lava)|
|Liquid Sensor (Water)|
|Logic Sensor (Day)|
|Logic Sensor (Night)|
|Logic Sensor (Player Above)|
- The Player Above sensor detects players in a 5×10-tile area above the sensor, which is outlined while placing it. In multiplayer, it will not send another signal if a player enters the detection zone while another player is already in it.
- Due to this, it is a viable and multiplayer-friendly alternative to Pressure Plate powered automatic doors.
- It will not trigger if placed while the player is inside the detection area. Instead, it will trigger upon leaving the detection zone.
- The Player Above sensor cannot normally activate Teleporters, however, that can be bypassed using a Logic Gate: Use an AND or an OR gate with one off lamp, connect the sensor to its lamp, then wire the output to the teleporter network.
- The Water Sensor will also activate when in contact with Shimmer.
- Rain can not trigger Water Sensors.
- Desktop 1.4.2: Dead players and Hardcore ghosts will no longer trigger Player Above sensors.
- Desktop 1.3.1: Introduced.
- Console 1.0.1372.5: Introduced.
- Switch 1.0.895.9: Introduced.
- Mobile 220.127.116.11.0: Introduced.