Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Placeable||✔️ (1 wide × 1 high)|
|Use time||15 (Very fast)|
This article is about the craftable pot used to grow flowers. For the breakable pot that contains loot, see Pot.
The Clay Pot is a furniture item in which a herb or flower seed can be planted. If left empty, wild grass plants will randomly grow out of it, provided the pot is placed on the surface or in Space. The plant in a Clay Pot cannot be cut in the regular manner, e.g. via nearby swinging tools. Instead, it needs to be removed with a pickaxe or drill, or the Staff of Regrowth or Axe of Regrowth.
- Clay Pots have a similar function to Planter Boxes and placed Rock Golem Heads. However, herb seeds cannot be planted in Rock Golem Heads.
- When using a Staff of Regrowth or Axe of Regrowth on a herb in a Clay Pot, the herb cannot be harvested unless it is blooming. It can still be harvested at any time by using a pickaxe or drill.
- Clay Pots can be placed in lava, allowing Fireblossom to bloom on the Old-gen console and versions.
- While each Clay Pot sells for 20 and thus seems to be the most lucrative item made of Clay Blocks, Pink Vases have a better ratio of coins per Clay Block (3.5 compared to 3.33 for a Clay Pot).
- On the Desktop version, Console version, and Mobile version, the lower number of required Clay Blocks makes the Clay Pot more profitable than the Pink Vase.
- Desktop 220.127.116.11: Fixed a bug where Clay Pots would instantly break when placed over a bottom-sloped block.
- Desktop 18.104.22.168: Decreased amount of required Clay from 6 to 5.
- Desktop 22.214.171.124: It now takes longer for flowers to grow in Clay Pots.
- Desktop 126.96.36.199: Clay Pot duplication bug fixed.
- Desktop 188.8.131.52: Can be placed in lava again.
- Desktop 1.0.6: Can no longer be placed in lava.
- Desktop 1.0.5: All flowers and plants growing out of Clay Pots can only be retrieved using a pickaxe.
- Desktop 1.0.2: The Clay Pot item now has the correct size.
- Desktop-Release: Introduced.
- Console-Release: Introduced.
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile-Release: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.