Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Use time||90 (Snail)|
|Tooltip||If you listen closely, you can hear screams|
'Watch your toes'
- Internal Item ID: 4819
Not to be confused with Magic Conch.
The Demon Conch is a rare pre-Hardmode item obtainable by fishing in lava. When used, it teleports the player to the center of the Underworld. Like the Magic Mirror, it can be used infinitely at no cost, making it a viable alternative to using conventional hellevators.
- The Demon Conch requires a flat surface at least 3 tiles high and 2 tiles wide at the center of the Underworld, or it will not teleport the player.
- At the minimum, 3 solid blocks placed in a "V"-formation fulfills this requirement.
- The chosen area must be within 100 tiles east or west of the world's center, and be 25 or more tiles below the start of the Underworld layer.
- The chosen area must be safe. It cannot contain Spikes, blocks that can inflict Burning, or lava. Other liquids are acceptable.
- The point chosen (specifically 3 tiles above the ground, on the left side of the three-block area) cannot have a wall behind it. Other walls in the space are fine but this means it is not possible to spawn inside an enclosed space without breaking a hole in the wall.
- Upon using the Demon Conch in a drunk world seed, it is highly possible that no area within the Underworld's center will fulfill this requirement, requiring the player to build a foundation of solid blocks in order to have the Demon Conch function properly.
- A failed Demon Conch teleport will reset the player's momentum, and reset any extra jumps from accessories. Furthermore, holding ↷ Jump until the teleport fails will only reset flight time provided by Rocket Boots and its upgrades, while releasing ↷ Jump before teleport will reset flight time provided by both Rocket Boots and wings, making it possible to gain "infinite" flight.
- It has the slowest use time in the game, tied with the Magic Mirror, Ice Mirror, Cell Phone, Magic Conch, Snake Charmer's Flute and Shellphone.
- Its tooltip, "If you listen closely, you can hear screams", is a reference to the belief that one can hear the ocean when holding a conch shell to a person's ear, except that instead of ocean sounds, sounds of screaming are heard instead, as this is an Underworld-related item.
- It resembles the shell of a Magma Snail.
- Desktop 1.4.4:
- Animation sequence is now as fast as Magic Mirror.
- Now used to craft the Shellphone.
- Desktop 220.127.116.11: Introduced.
- Console 18.104.22.168.4.1: Introduced.
- Switch 22.214.171.124.5: Introduced.
- Mobile 126.96.36.199.0: Introduced.