- 55% (Desktop, Console and Mobile versions)
50% (Old-gen console and 3DS versions)
|Knockback||3 (Very weak)|
|Use time||19 (Very fast)|
|Tooltip||'I've got a bone to pick with you'|
|Sell||30 SC (Desktop, Console and Mobile versions)|
36 SC (Old-gen console and 3DS versions)
- Internal Item ID: 1320
On the Desktop version, Console version, and Mobile version, it can mine all ores up to Demonite/Crimtane. It has a 1/20 (5%) chance of being dropped by Undead Miners, which are uncommon enemies found in the Cavern layer.
It is tied with the Silver Pickaxe as the fastest pre-Hardmode pickaxe by mining speed, but has higher pickaxe power equal to that of the Gold Pickaxe, allowing it to mine Meteorite and destroy Dirt Blocks in a single hit. It is the fastest pickaxe for mining weak blocks, such as Dirt and Snow Blocks, until Hardmode.
Its best modifier is Light for harvesting purposes and Legendary for combat purposes.
- The Bone Pickaxe appears to be a counterpart to the Bone Sword, as it is similarly colored and dropped by Skeletons.
- It is the only pickaxe that can drop from a non-boss enemy. This, along with fast mining speed, the low drop chance and spawn chance of Undead Miners, makes it quite a valuable find.
- Its tooltip is a reference to the same phrase and a play on words on its name.
- Desktop 22.214.171.124: Sprite updated. Old sprite was
- Desktop 126.96.36.199: Added flavor text.
- Desktop 1.4.1: Drop chance increased from 1/50 (2%) to 1/20 (5%).
- Desktop 188.8.131.52: Mining power increased from 50% to 55%.
- Desktop 184.108.40.206: Sell value reduced from 36 SC to 30 SC.
- Desktop 1.2: Introduced.
- Console 1.02: Introduced.
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile 1.2.6508: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.