Liquid bombs are explosive items which either place or remove liquids instead of solid blocks when exploding. There are four different types of liquid bombs: Dry Bomb, Wet Bomb, Lava Bomb, and Honey Bomb.
When a liquid bomb is used, it will be tossed onto the ground and explode after a 3-second fuse, applying its special effect (see below). If, however, the bomb touches any liquid, it will immediately explode and apply its effects. All liquid bombs deal damage to nearby players, enemies, and critters.
Wet Bombs are obtainable by opening Obsidian or Hellstone Crates found by fishing in lava. If the player is carrying a Wet Bomb, the Demolitionist will sell Wet Bombs for 25 each. Purchasing more Wet Bombs will allow the player to craft the other variants (see below). The Demolitionist will also sell the three other types of bombs for the same price while the player is carrying them.
|Dry Bomb||By Hand|
- Tossing any liquid bomb while already submerged in a liquid will cause it to explode instantly, damaging the player.
- If the bomb spreads the same liquid that the player is submerged in, none will be placed or removed. If it spreads a different liquid, however, most of it will instantly solidify into Obsidian, Aetherium Blocks, Honey Blocks, or Crispy Honey Blocks depending on the combination.
- In Hardmode, the Cyborg will sell Dry Rockets, used to craft (the rest of) a similar set of liquid rockets.
- Players should always keep at least one of any liquid bomb in storage. If every existing liquid bomb in a world is used up, the player will need to fish up Obsidian/Hellstone Crates until they find another Wet Bomb.
- The Wet Bomb, inconsistently, is not named "Water Bomb", even though its counterparts share the name of the liquids they spread.
- Desktop 22.214.171.124: Fixed an issue where Honey and Dry Bombs could not be placed on Weapon Racks.
- Desktop 126.96.36.199: Fixed an issue where fluid bombs could destroy tiles.
- Desktop 188.8.131.52: Introduced.
- Console 184.108.40.206.4.1: Introduced with changes from Desktop 220.127.116.11.
- Switch 18.104.22.168.5: Introduced with changes from Desktop 22.214.171.124.
- Mobile 126.96.36.199.0: Introduced with changes from Desktop 188.8.131.52.