Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Knockback||3 (Very weak)|
|Use time||20 (Very fast)|
|Tooltip||Able to mine Hellstone|
- Internal Item ID: 103
The Nightmare Pickaxe is a relatively early-game pickaxe. Its Crimson counterpart is the Deathbringer Pickaxe.
It has a slower mining speed by one and mines Crimstone/Dungeon Bricks/Ebonstone/Hellstone/Pearlstone Blocks in one additional hit (4 instead of 3).
The Nightmare Pickaxe, Deathbringer Pickaxe, Molten Pickaxe, and Reaver Shark are the only pre-Hardmode pickaxes able to mine Crimstone, Ebonstone, Hellstone and Obsidian.
The Nightmare Pickaxe can only mine Dungeon Bricks that are at 0 depth or higher. 100% Pickaxe power (a Molten Pickaxe or better) is required to mine Dungeon Bricks in the Underground Dungeon.
Its best modifier is Light for harvesting purposes and Legendary for combat purposes.
|Nightmare Pickaxe||Iron Anvil|
- Compared to the Deathbringer Pickaxe, the Nightmare Pickaxe has inferior power and mines slower, making it the worse pickaxe.
- While the Molten Pickaxe power allows it to mine stronger blocks in fewer hits, its slower tool speed means that the Nightmare Pickaxe remains faster for mining blocks that can be easily destroyed in one hit being almost twice as fast. Therefore it is advisable to keep the Nightmare Pickaxe around so they can be swapped as needed. Rapid swapping is possible by selecting the pickaxe which is farther right in the inventory and then holding ⇧ Shift to swap to the other pickaxe as needed.
- After reaching Hardmode and acquiring a Cobalt/Palladium Drill or Pickaxe, however, both the Molten and Nightmare Pickaxes can be discarded as these are stronger and faster.
- Desktop 184.108.40.206: Sprite updated. Old sprite was .
- Desktop 220.127.116.11: Sprite slightly modified. Old sprite was .
- Desktop 1.0.6: Tooltip added.
- Desktop 1.0.5: Damage reduced from 11 to 9.
- Desktop-Release: Introduced.
- Console-Release: Introduced.
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile-Release: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.