Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Knockback||7.5 (Very strong)|
|Use time||27 (Average)|
|Tooltip||Strong enough to destroy Demon Altars|
- Internal Item ID: 367
(Wall of Flesh)
(Wall of Flesh)
Demon Altars and Crimson Altars can't be destroyed with a normal hammer. You have to pwn them.
— A loading screen tip
The Pwnhammer is a Hardmode hammer that is able to destroy Demon Altars and Crimson Altars with a few hits, blessing the world with one of the six Hardmode ores. It is always dropped by the Wall of Flesh. It has a sparkle effect when used which gives off a good deal of light, even in complete darkness.
Its best modifier is Legendary. While Light may seem to provide a better speed boost by percentages, rounding reveals that Legendary and Light mine at equal speeds for this tool.
- While the tooltip states that it can break them, Altars can only be destroyed in Hardmode worlds, i.e. worlds where the Wall of Flesh has been defeated.
Begone, Evil! • “Smash a demon or crimson altar with a powerful, holy hammer.”
Smash a Demon or Crimson Altar, using the Pwnhammer.
Stop! Hammer Time! • “Obtain your first hammer via crafting or otherwise.”
Obtain a hammer.
- The name is a reference to a series of Metroid-based levels in a level pack named The Invasion 2 for Super Mario Bros. X, a game Redigit has previously worked on.
- The Pwnhammer shares the same color scheme as items crafted from Hallowed Bars, however it cannot be crafted itself.
- The "Pwn" part of the Pwnhammer's name was a popular gaming term from the unofficial language Leet. It is derived from a misspelling of "own", which denotes success and domination, usually in multiplayer. A succeeding player is "pwning" while a failing player is being "pwned".
- Desktop 18.104.22.168: Sprite updated. Old sprite was
- Desktop 1.3.1: Sprite updated.
- Desktop 1.1: Introduced.
- Console 1.0.933.1: Sprite updated to match Desktop 1.3.1. ()
- Console 1.0.750.0: Sprite updated to match Desktop 1.3.1. ()
- Console-Release: Introduced.
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile 1.1.5536: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.