Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Use time||20 (Very fast)|
|Tooltip||Summons a cursed sapling to follow you|
|Buff tooltip||A cursed sapling is following you|
- Cursed Sapling
- Internal Item ID: 1837
- Internal Buff ID: 85
- Internal Projectile ID: 324
The Cursed Sapling item is used to summon the Cursed Sapling pet, appearing as a small dark blue tree stump with a jagged head, a jack-o-lantern face, and roots which it walks on. The Cursed Sapling is dropped by the Mourning Wood during the Pumpkin Moon event with a 2 ~ 20% (5 ~ 20%) chance depending on the current wave.
- If the Cursed Sapling gains too much distance from the player, it will propel itself toward the player while emitting a trail of flames, ignoring blocks and giving off a decent amount of light. If it cannot reach a stable spot to stand on, the Cursed Sapling will start flying around the player in circles.
- This is a useful feature as a pet, as the light it provides when flying helps find nearby caves. It can, however, make fishing more difficult as the sound the sapling makes when hitting water is identical to that of a bobbing line, forcing the player to rely on sight (or the use of Sonar Potions) to determine whether anything has been hooked.
- Unlike most pets, the Cursed Sapling item has the same name as the pet it summons.
- Desktop 1.2.1: Introduced.
- Console 1.02: Introduced.
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile 1.2.6508: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.
- ↑ Pumpkin Moon enemies have a greater chance of dropping loot in later waves than in earlier waves (except for guaranteed drops such as Spooky Wood, and, on the Old-gen console version and Nintendo version, except for trophies – which never drop except in Wave 15 when they will always drop). Information taken from the Desktop 22.214.171.124 source code, method
Terraria.GameContent.ItemDropRules.ItemDropDatabase.cs. There may be inaccuracies, as the current Desktop version is 126.96.36.199.