Wrenches are tools for placing Wires, which are used to connect mechanisms together, such as a trap with a Pressure Plate. There are four different wrenches: the Red Wrench, Green Wrench, Blue Wrench, and the Yellow Wrench(Desktop, Console and Mobile versions), each placing its respective color of Wire. All wrenches are purchased from the Mechanic for 2 GC each.
All Wrenches use the same ordinary Wire item as ammunition, but the color of wrench used will determine the color of Wire when placed. The colors all function identically, but can be placed so as to overlap or intersect each other without interfering with each other. Junction Boxes(Desktop, Console and Mobile versions) can further be used to keep intersecting Wire paths of the same color from interfering with each other.
(Desktop, Console and Mobile versions) All four wrenches can be combined to make a Multicolor Wrench, a single tool that can place Wire of any color.
Ordinary wrenches cannot be used to remove placed Wires. Instead, a Wire Cutter or one of its derivatives is required. All Wire colors become the same ordinary Wire item again when freed.
|Multicolor Wrench(Desktop, Console and Mobile versions)||Tinkerer's Workshop|
- Having different-colored wrenches for each player on multiplayer can be useful, as each player will get their own Wire color.
- Having a wrench or other wire-vision item can be very useful when exploring, as it will make hidden traps much easier to see.
- Desktop 126.96.36.199: Increased tile range bonus from +3 to +20.
- Desktop 188.8.131.52: Added +3 tile range bonus.
- Desktop 1.2: Different-colored wrenches for different-colored wires introduced.
- Desktop 1.1: Introduced.
- Console 1.0.1372.5: Added Yellow Wrench and Multicolor Wrench.
- Console-Release: Introduced.
- Switch 1.0.895.9: Added Yellow Wrench and Multicolor Wrench.
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile 184.108.40.206.0: Added Yellow Wrench and Multicolor Wrench.
- Mobile-Release: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.