|Use time||20 (Very fast)|
|Tooltip||Summons a rideable Winged Slime mount|
|Buff||Winged Slime Mount|
|Buff tooltip||BOING FLAP BOING!|
The Gelatinous Pillion is a Hardmode mount-summoning item. When used, it summons a friendly Winged Slime Mount. Similar to the pre-Hardmode Slime Mount, the Winged Slime offers increased jump height, provides boosted movement speed, negates fall damage, and allows continuous auto-jump by holding the ↷ Jump key. It also shares the Slime Mount's abilities to deal 40 summon damage to enemies when jumping on them from above, and floating when entering liquids.
The Winged Slime Mount grants 2.66 seconds of flight time, similar to low-tier wings, allowing the player to fly up to a height of 73 tiles, as well as gliding while holding the ↷ Jump key after flight time has been exhausted. It can also hover by holding ▼ Down, similar to the Hoverboard.
The Gelatinous Pillion has a
25*1/4 (25%) chance of being dropped by Queen Slime in Classic Mode, or a 50*1/2 (50%) chance of being found in Queen Slime's Treasure Bag.
- The Winged Slime Mount has a maximum speed of 33 mph on land, 102 mph when falling straight down, and 116 mph when falling diagonally.
- This mount can essentially be used as wings, as it allows short flight and gliding.
- This means that wings can be somewhat avoided, along with other movement accessories. This can make a lot of room for combat accessories.
- The maximum horizontal speed is greater when in free fall than when moving on land, so it is recommended to keep jumping if trying to maintain maximum speed.
- Exhausting the flight time on the mount's wings will also exhaust the flight time on the player's wings, and vice versa, though mounting/un-mounting before exhausting will allow the player to essentially combine the flight times.
- The Gelatinous Pillion is faster than most sprinting accessories on land, except for the Lightning, Frostspark, and Terraspark Boots, where it moves 1 mph slower.
- Its damage is considered summon damage, so accessories like the Summoner Emblem can increase it further.
- Equipping wings with boost abilities like the Jetpack will allow the player to reach much higher altitudes with the Gelatinous Pillion. This is achieved by holding ▲ Up while flying with the wings and switching to the mount midair, which makes it accelerate upwards dramatically.
- Due to the high fall speed of the mount, and the fact that it does not increase the player's width, it is useful for getting down a hellevator faster.
- The Gelatinous Pillion is somewhat synonymous to the Slimy Saddle, but both imply different meanings.
- In real life, a pillion is a cushion attached behind a saddle for an additional passenger. This is not the case in the game, however, as the Gelatinous Pillion is the actual saddle itself.
- Desktop 1.4.4:
- Horizontal flight speed reduced by roughly 30%
- Walking speed reduced by roughly 10%
- Desktop 220.127.116.11: Introduced.
- Console 18.104.22.168.4.1: Introduced.
- Switch 22.214.171.124.5: Introduced.
- Mobile 126.96.36.199.0: Introduced.