Shroomite Digging Claw
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Shroomite Digging Claw
|Use time||12 (Very fast)|
- Internal Item ID: 2176
The Shroomite Digging Claw is a Hardmode, post-Plantera pickaxe and axe. It is capable of mining every type of block except Lihzahrd Bricks. It is the pickaxe with the fastest mining speed in the game.
Its best modifier is Light for harvesting purposes and Legendary for combat purposes.
|Shroomite Digging Claw||Mythril Anvil|
- It deals 15 pickaxe hits per second without any modifiers, and 20 with the best modifier. It can mine almost every block in the game in 1 hit, with the exception of a few blocks. Mythril Ore, Orichalcum Ore, Adamantite Ore, Titanium Ore, and Wooden Spikes take 2 hits and Chlorophyte Ore takes 3. It chops any tree in 0.27 seconds without any modifiers, and 0.2 seconds with the best modifier. See also Mining Speed for a comparison of all mining tools in the game.
- Using Smart Cursor is the only way to take full advantage of the Shroomite Digging Claw's mining speed, as it mines too quickly for most human reflexes to keep up with.
- Due to the Shroomite Digging Claw's reduced range, one might wish to use another pickaxe with higher range (such as a Spectre Pickaxe, Picksaw, or one of the four Luminite Pickaxes) for activities other than excavation.
- The post-Moon Lord Drill Containment Unit is another viable alternative because it has infinite flight time and a greatly increased mining range.
- Although it is a tool, it is a relatively viable melee weapon due to its very fast speed and high damage. The only shortcomings are its low range and knockback.
- By stacking melee speed bonuses along with a Light modifier, use time can be reduced to 3, reaching the fastest attack speed in the entire game, tied with Luminite Pickaxes. Since autoswing effectively reduces use time by 1, it attacks 30 times per second. While Fetid Baghnakhs and Psycho Knife have lower base use time, they receive reduced effects from melee speed bonuses, so use time is capped at 4.
- If any three effects that increase mining speed are used, such as a Light modifier, Mining armor, Mining Potion, Celestial Shell, Ancient Chisel, or the Slice of Cake, the player will be able to mine 1 block every frame, or 60 blocks per second if the game is running at 60 FPS. This is because the Shroomite Digging Claw's mining speed of 12 means every increase to mining speed will always reduce it by 1. At this speed, it is possible to mine slightly faster than the player will fall, which can be dangerous without immunity to fall damage.
- It has a low sell price (1) compared to other tools of the same tier, making it relatively cheap to get a Light or Legendary modifier by reforging.
- The Shroomite Digging Claw is the only Shroomite-themed item whose sprite was not updated in 184.108.40.206.
- Desktop 220.127.116.11: Sell price increased from 1 to 4.
- Desktop 1.2.3: Introduced.
- Console 1.06: Introduced.
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile 1.2.11212: Introduced.