Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Use time||20 (Very fast)|
|Tooltip||Summons a rideable Turtle mount|
|Buff tooltip||Slow if by land, zoom if by sea|
The Hardy Saddle is a mount-summoning item. When used, it summons a Turtle Mount that can swim and has increased movement speed in liquids (51 mph maximum), but reduced movement speed (26 mph maximum) and jump reach (3.53 tiles maximum) on land. It can be found in Golden and Titanium Crates.
The Cavalry • “Equip a mount.”
Equip your first mount.
- The Turtle Mount is useful for fast underwater travel, especially if combined with diving equipment like a Diving Helmet.
- On Desktop, Console, and Mobile, the Turtle Mount itself gives underwater breathing, so diving equipment is not needed.
- The Lava Shark Mount may be a preferable alternative for this purpose, because it is much faster and its summoning item is slightly more common.
- The player can fly using the Turtle Mount and the Bottomless Water Bucket. By constantly placing water above the player and swimming upward while riding the Turtle Mount, the player can move through the sky, allowing for easy access to Floating Islands and Floating Lakes.
- The Turtle Mount is also very useful for placing down blocks in a straight line. As long as the player has the Brick Layer equipped, the Turtle Mount's constant slow speed allows the player to consistently place blocks in a straight line without moving the cursor.
- The buff tooltip is a reference to a verse from the poem "Paul Revere's Ride" (1860) by American poet Henry Wadsworth Longfellow: "One if by land, Two if by sea".
- Desktop 1.4.4:
- Speed increased by 150%.
- Swim speed increased by 66%.
- Jump height increased by 20%.
- Now gives water breathing when underwater.
- Desktop 1.2.4: Introduced.