Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Use time||22 (Fast)|
|Tooltip||Able to mine Hellstone|
- Internal Item ID: 798
The Deathbringer Pickaxe is a relatively early-game pickaxe. Its Corruption counterpart is the Nightmare Pickaxe.
It has a faster mining speed by one and mines Crimstone/Dungeon Bricks/Ebonstone/Hellstone/Pearlstone Blocks in one less hit (3 instead of 4).
The Deathbringer Pickaxe, Nightmare Pickaxe, Molten Pickaxe, and Reaver Shark are the only pre-Hardmode pickaxes able to mine Crimstone, Ebonstone, Hellstone and Obsidian.
The Deathbringer Pickaxe can only mine Dungeon Bricks that are at 0 depth or higher. 100% Pickaxe power (a Molten Pickaxe or better) is required to mine Dungeon Bricks in the Underground Dungeon.
Its best modifier is Light for harvesting purposes and Legendary for combat purposes.
|One hit needed
@ 4.3 blocks per second
|Two hits needed
@ 2.1 blocks per second
|Three hits needed|
@ 1.4 blocks per second
|Deathbringer Pickaxe||Iron Anvil|
- Compared to the Nightmare Pickaxe, the Deathbringer Pickaxe has superior power and mines faster making it the better pickaxe.
- The Deathbringer Pickaxe is faster than the higher-tier Molten Pickaxe at mining blocks requiring one or three hits (see the table above) while it is slower at mining stronger blocks requiring two hits. Therefore, once the player has acquired the Molten Pickaxe, it is advisable to keep the Deathbringer Pickaxe around so they can be swapped as needed. Rapid swapping is possible by selecting the pickaxe which is farther right in the inventory and then holding ⇧ Shift to swap to the other pickaxe as needed.
- After reaching Hardmode and acquiring a Cobalt/Palladium Drill or Pickaxe, however, both the Molten and Deathbringer Pickaxes can be discarded as these are stronger and faster.
- Desktop 188.8.131.52: Sprite updated. Old sprite was
- Desktop 1.2: Introduced.
- Console 1.02: Introduced.
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile 1.2.6508: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.