|Defense||: 31 / : 50 / : 35 / : 27 (set)|
|Set Bonus||Become immune after striking an enemy|
: Become immune after striking an enemy,
and increases your max number of minions by 2
|Buff tooltip||You will dodge the next attack|
- Internal Buff ID: 59
|Defense||: 31 / : 50 / : 35 (set)|
|Set Bonus|| : 20% reduced mana usage
: 19% increased melee and movement speed: 25% chance to not consume ammo
Hallowed armor is a Hardmode armor set. It has melee, ranged, magic and summoner set versions, depending on the equipped headpiece. Crafting a full set with one headpiece requires 54 Hallowed Bars (dropped by the mechanical bosses), or 90 / 78 Hallowed Bars for the full set including all four / three headpieces. Wearing a full set gives off a faint pulsing aura around the player and displays an after-image effect while in motion. To acquire the necessary Hallowed Bars for a full set with one helmet, the player will need to kill at least 2 mechanical bosses, and all four helmets will require 3–5 kills on the Desktop version, Console version, and Mobile version, or 2–4 kills on the Old-gen console version and Nintendo version for all three helmets.
Additionally, wearing a full set will grant the Holy Protection buff, which allows the player to dodge the next attack dealt by an enemy. It has a cooldown of 30 seconds, starting from the moment of the dodge. This set bonus is identical to the Shadow Dodge buff from Titanium armor. Wearing a full set with the Hallowed Hood additionally increases minion capacity by 2 as a set bonus, making the total minion capacity of the hood-set 3, for a total minion count of 4.
It currently shares identical stats with Ancient Hallowed armor, but differs in appearance. Furthermore, Ancient Hallowed and Hallowed armor pieces can be mixed and matched while still providing their set bonus.
total: 6 row(s)
- Crafting any of the helmets and selling them is more profitable than selling the bars required to make them.
- The Hallowed Hood provides the lowest defense out of all Hardmode armor pieces, despite it being available after defeating a mechanical boss.
- Additionally, the Hallowed summoner set provides lower minion damage than Spider armor, an early Hardmode summoner armor set, with the former providing only +17% minion damage, compared to the latter's +28% minion damage.
- The Hallowed Mask's tooltip contains the only reference to melee haste in the game. This stat should be called melee speed, and newer versions correct this.
- Sometimes the heads of the duplicates created by Holy Protection will not be visible.
- Hallowed armor is the only armor set that has variations for all four classes.
- According to Redigit, Hallowed armor's design is inspired by the paladin armor of Cecil Harvey, the protagonist of Final Fantasy IV.
- The resemblance is most apparent when the armor is worn with Hallowed Headgear.
- Desktop 1.4.4:
- Holy Protection buff no longer starts its cooldown immediately at the time the buff starts, but instead begins the 30 second cooldown when you activate the dodge.
- Changed Holy Protection buff being activated by attacking an enemy with a 25% chance to activate, to a 100% chance anytime not on cooldown.
- Desktop 1.4.1: Fixed an issue where attacks dodged with Holy Protection could still result in debuffs on the player.
- Desktop 184.108.40.206:
- Sprites updated.
- Added new summoner helmet and set bonus, previously obtained from Titanium armor.
- Desktop 1.3.2: Sprites updated.
- Desktop 1.2: Changed crafting recipe: Now uses only Hallowed Bars to craft, instead of souls and previous tiers of armor.
- Desktop 1.1.1: Now only has graphical effects with the helmet.
- Desktop 1.1: Introduced.
- Console 1.0.933.1: Sprite updated to match Desktop 1.3.2. ()
- Console 1.0.750.0: Sprite updated to match Desktop 1.3.2. ()
- Console 1.02: Changed crafting recipe: Now uses only Hallowed Bars to craft, instead of Souls and previous tiers of armor.
- Console-Release: Introduced.
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced with Desktop 1.2 recipe.
- Mobile 1.2.6508: Changed crafting recipe: Now uses only Hallowed Bars to craft, instead of Souls and previous tiers of armor.
- Mobile 1.1.5536: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced with Desktop 1.2 recipe.