- Wand of Sparking
- Wand of Frosting
- Gray Zapinator
- Aqua Scepter
- Thunder Zapper
- Space Gun
- Ice Rod
- Golden Shower
- Demon Scythe
- Laser Rifle
- Magic Dagger
- Orange Zapinator
- Sky Fracture
- Shadowflame Hex Doll
- Crystal Serpent
- Leaf Blower
- Frost Staff
- Poison Staff
- Heat Ray
- Venom Staff
- Unholy Trident
- Bubble Gun
- Laser Machinegun
- Charged Blaster Cannon
- Last Prism
- Betsy's Wrath
|Damage||24 / 30 (Summon)|
|Knockback||2 (Very weak)|
|Use time||36 (Very slow)|
|Tooltip||Summons twins to fight for you|
- Mini Retina Laser
- Internal Item ID: 2535
- Internal Buff ID: 134
- Internal Projectile ID: 389, 387, 388
The Optic Staff is a Hardmode summon weapon that summons a miniature version of The Twins in their second form, which follow the player and attack enemies. The summoned pair of minions, named Spazmamini and Retanimini, deal damage with a ramming attack and ranged laser attack, respectively. Like other minions, the summoned Twins is invincible and follows the player for an unlimited amount of time, unless the player dies, summons a replacement minion, cancels the buff, or leaves the world.
Its best modifier is Ruthless. The Mythical modifier provides the widest array of stat bonuses, but these primarily affect the initial summon rather than the resulting minion. Additionally, minions cannot deal critical hits. The only lasting advantage a Mythical Optic Staff has over a Ruthless one is knockback.
total: 1 row(s)
- One pair of Twins counts as one minion toward the maximum minion count.
- Therefore, a player can get 22 "minions" with maximum minion capacity, as opposed to the usual 11 full-sized minions.
- Retanimini's laser projectiles travel straight forward, so they may miss against fast or far away enemies. They also emit a small amount of light.
- Due to their piercing attacks, the Twins can only hit the same enemy a maximum of 6 times per second, regardless of how many Twins are summoned (this applies to all weapons and summons that pierce enemies except the Razorblade Typhoon at 10 hits/s).
- It is possible to get non-matching amounts of Retaniminis and Spazmaminis by maxing the spawn cap and lowering it.
- Unlike most flying minions, the Twins will not naturally pass-through blocks unless the player has moved out of range. This makes them very prone to getting stuck in tight areas and caves.
- The Optic Staff is effective against bosses, as each Twin attacks individually. It is especially effective against The Destroyer, as the Spazmamini will pierce each segment.
- The Twins do not do well against a sparse enemy crowd. Instead, they are better for dense enemy crowds such as those in the Pumpkin Moon, Frost Moon, and Goblin army, as well as in the Dungeon.
- The icon indicating that game data is saving on the Nintendo version resembles the Optic Staff minions, except it resembles more the first stage of a Retinazer, instead of the second, mechanized stage.
- Unlike the Twins boss, the minions are not connected by a tendril. Furthermore, Spazmamini does not spew Cursed Flames like Spazmatism does.
- There is an occurrence when using the Optic Staff where only one or two Retanimini will remain with the player, while one Spazmamini (or vice versa) will be left behind due to obstacles. This bug is more likely to happen when the player is crossing some obstacles that the minions cannot. This can be fixed by removing the minions and spawning them again.
- Desktop 188.8.131.52:
- Base damage increased from 21 to 24 (Spazmamini's damage is 100% of base damage).
- Retinamini's damage scaling reduced from 1.25× to 1.15× of base damage (still a slight increase due to the increased base).
- Desktop 1.4.4:
- Retinamini's lasers no longer pierce. As a result, they are no longer impacted by immune frames.
- Retinamini damage increased from 24 to 26.
- Spazmatism damage reduced from 30 to 21.
- Spazmatism now has more flexible charging range when pursuing targets.
- Twin minions now return to the player more quickly.
- Desktop 184.108.40.206:
- Enemy immune frames caused by Spazmamini and Retanimini attacks have been reduced from 16 to 12.
- Increased Spazmamini's movement speed while pursuing enemies.
- Desktop 1.4.1: Now use independent immunity timers.
- Desktop 220.127.116.11:
- Added requirement of 10 mana.
- Fixed bug where Twin Minion pairs could become uneven or re-summoning would fail.
- Desktop 1.2.4: Introduced.
- Console 1.07: Introduced, requires 10 mana.
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced, requires 10 mana.
- Mobile 1.2.11212: Introduced, requires 10 mana.