Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Knockback||8 (Very strong)|
|Use time||45 (Very slow)|
|Tooltip||A small explosion that will not destroy tiles|
- Internal Item ID: 168
- Internal Projectile ID: 30
Would you rather have a bullet hole or a grenade hole? That's what I thought.
Grenades are explosive consumable ranged weapons which can be purchased from the Demolitionist for 75 each, or found rarely in pots and natural Chests. Once Hardmode is activated, they can be found in Pots (replacing Shurikens).
A thrown Grenade will bounce slightly and roll until it either hits a valid target or 3 seconds have elapsed, after which it will explode.
|Bouncy Grenade2||By Hand|
- Grenades damage all enemies within a radius of approximately 5 tiles.
- Grenades are extremely useful early-game, dealing enormous damage for such an easy weapon to acquire.
- Because Grenades automatically explode when they hit an enemy, using them as short-ranged weapons is risky as they can easily cause self-inflicted damage.
- As Grenades do splash damage, they can be useful against a large number of different enemies:
- The Brain of Cthulhu's first phase.
- Most worms: A single Grenade is usually enough to kill a Bone Serpent and sometimes a World Feeder.
- Groups of enemies, e.g. during events like the Blood Moon or Goblin Army or in the Dungeon.
- Using Grenades against a Caster AI enemy is especially inadvisable. A Grenade can easily explode upon hitting one of the enemy's projectiles, often much closer to the player than anticipated.
- Grenades are more useful on higher difficulties since damage inflicted by enemies becomes much higher while the self-damage of Grenades stays the same. Killing the enemies faster with high-damaging Grenades and thus eliminating the chance of getting hit by them makes up for the risk of self-damage.
- The sprite is very similar to the American M67 grenade, a grenade produced since 1968.
- Despite the similarities in name, it cannot be used as ammo for the Grenade Launcher.
- Desktop 126.96.36.199:
- Sprite updated.
- Weapon type changed from Throwing to Ranged.
- Desktop 188.8.131.52:
- Can now be used to craft Beenade and Bouncy Grenade.
- Weapon type changed from Ranged to Throwing.
- Desktop 1.2.4: Can now be used to craft Sticky Grenades.
- Desktop 1.2: Price decreased from 4 to 75.
- Desktop 1.1:
- Price decreased from 5 to 4.
- Stack limit increased from 20 to 99.
- Desktop-Release: Introduced.
- Console-Release: Introduced.
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile-Release: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.