Jump to navigation Jump to search
The Explosive Bunny is an item that serves as ammunition for the Bunny Cannon. Crafting it requires a Bunny, which must be caught with any Bug Net.
It can be released as a critter, and will wander around like other critters. On death, it will explode, dealing damage but not destroying tiles. It will always be placed at the player's feet when released, instead of at the cursor like most other critters.
|Explosive Bunny||By Hand|
- Unlike other critters, the Guide to Critter Companionship does not render it immune to damage inflicted by the player.
- In the secret seed For the worthy, it will spawn naturally. Also, any Bunny (but not the Gold or Gem variants) released by players or spawned by the Bunny Statue will become an Explosive Bunny instead. However, Explosive Bunnies spawned via the Bunny Statue do not inflict damage when killed.
- Explosive Bunnies' explosion can damage NPCs.
- When fired from the Bunny Cannon, the Explosive Bunny has the highest base damage of any weapon on the Desktop version, Console version, Old-gen console version, and Mobile version. It is beaten only by the -exclusive Holy Hand Grenade, which deals 600 damage.
- Prior to version 1.4.4, Explosive Bunnies ignored invincibility frames, so it was possible to one-shot bosses by luring them near a small cage with many bunnies. This was a viable Journey Mode speedrun tactic.
- The Bestiary entry for the Explosive Bunny: "Not the typical garden-variety bunny. This one has been tampered with, and has an explosive temper as a result."
- Desktop 1.4.4: No longer ignores invincibility frames
- Desktop 22.214.171.124:
- Sprite updated.
- Can now be released as a critter, and will explode and deal damage upon death.
- Desktop 126.96.36.199: Sprite updated.
- Desktop 1.2.3: No longer sold by the Pirate NPC, instead crafted.
- Desktop 1.2: Introduced.
- Console 1.0.933.1: Sprite updated to match Desktop 188.8.131.52. ()
- Console 1.0.750.0: Sprite updated to match Desktop 184.108.40.206. ()
- Console 1.06: No longer sold by the Pirate NPC, instead crafted.
- Console 1.02: Introduced.
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced with changes up to Desktop 220.127.116.11.
- Mobile 18.104.22.168.0: Added changes from Desktop 22.214.171.124.
- Mobile 1.2.11212: No longer sold by the Pirate NPC, instead crafted.
- Mobile 1.2.6508: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.