Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Damage||13 / 10 (Ranged)|
|Knockback||8 (Very strong)|
- Hellfire Arrow
- Internal Item ID: 265
- Internal Projectile ID: 41
Not to be confused with Hel-Fire.
The Hellfire Arrow is a type of ammunition which creates a small explosion upon impact similar to Grenades, damaging all enemies in the area. They are always destroyed on impact, and have a noticeably higher velocity than other arrows. On the Old-gen console version and Nintendo version, the explosion also damages the player.
Hellfire Arrows can be found in Shadow Chests and Pots in The Underworld, crafted at an anvil, or purchased from the Demolitionist for 1 each in Hardmode.
|Hellfire Arrow100||Iron Anvil|
|Shimmer Arrow||Shimmer Transmutation|
- Despite the name, Hellfire Arrows do not inflict the Hellfire debuff.
- Hellfire Arrows can be very useful against tight packs of enemies and worms such as Bone Serpents, as the explosion may damage multiple segments.
- Due to the nature of the explosion, a single Hellfire Arrow can both kill Mother Slime and damage the Baby Slimes it spawns.
- Hellfire Arrows can be used with the Chlorophyte Shotbow or with the Tsunami for heavy area damage.
- The sell price of the Hellstone Bars required to craft only 25 of these arrows is equal to the purchase price of 40 of them. It is more efficient to sell the bars and buy the arrows from the Demolitionist during Hardmode.
- Hellfire Arrows have the highest base damage out of all pre-Hardmode arrows.
- The name of the Hellfire Arrow may be a reference to the AGM-114 Hellfire missile.
- Hellfire Arrows are the only type of arrow (beside basic Wooden Arrows) to turn into Shimmer Arrows when thrown into Shimmer instead of being uncrafted into its components. This is probably due to unwanted cheesing by getting Hellstone Bars early.
- Desktop 1.4.4: Now used to craft the Shimmer Arrow via shimmer.
- Desktop 188.8.131.52: Sprite updated.
- Desktop 1.3.1: Sprite updated. Old sprite was .
- Desktop 184.108.40.206:
- Damage increased from 10 to 13.
- Crafting recipe changed.
- No longer damages the player.
- Desktop 1.2: Stack limit increased from 250 to 999.
- Desktop 1.1: Now is craftable and can be bought after killing the Wall of Flesh.
- Desktop 1.0.5: Introduced.
- Console-Release: Introduced.
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile-Release: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.