Well Fed, Plenty Satisfied, and Exquisitely Stuffed are buffs granted to the player depending on the food item consumed. The buff slightly improves all stats (listed below). Additionally, in Expert Mode, life regeneration will only be fully effective while the player is under the effects of one of these buffs. This lasts for 1 to 48 minutes (depending on the item used), but can be canceled at any time by right-clicking the icon (), by selecting the icon using Cycle Next/Previous Buff and then pressing Remove Buff (), by selecting the icon and canceling it in the equipment menu (), by double-tapping the buff icon (), or by canceling the buff from the buffs screen ().
Only one of these buffs may be active at a time and therefore they do not stack. The buff that is most recently applied takes priority.
Well Fed grants the following boosts:
- +2 defense
- +2% critical hit chance
- +5% melee and mining speed
- +5% damage
- +0.5 minion knockback
- +20% movement speed
The buff icon is a chicken leg and 1 star.
Plenty Satisfied grants the following boosts:
- +3 defense
- +3% critical hit chance
- +7.5% melee speed
- +7.5% damage
- +0.75 minion knockback
- +30% movement speed
- +10% mining speed
The buff icon is a crab and 2 stars.
Exquisitely Stuffed grants the following boosts:
- +4 defense
- +4% critical hit chance
- +10% melee speed
- +10% damage
- +1 minion knockback
- +40% movement speed
- +15% mining speed
The buff icon is a whole chicken and 3 stars.
The complete list of food items that grant these buffs is listed here.
- On the Desktop version, Console version, and Mobile version, the more powerful versions generally have shorter duration but are still fairly accessible.
- For food items that provide Exquisitely Stuffed, Burgers dropped from Crimeras and Eaters of Souls are the easiest ones to obtain from an enemy. Golden Delight, crafted from golden critters, provide 48 minutes of Exquisitely Stuffed, the longest lasting buff of all Well Fed tiers.
- Food items that provide Plenty Satisfied are dropped much more commonly, most noteably Banana Split, dropped from most pre-Hardmode Underground Desert enemies. The Bowl of Soup, Pumpkin Pie, and Froggle Bunwich can be easily crafted from more common materials.
- Food items that provide the Well Fed buff are the easiest to obtain, such as the Cooked Fish being crafted from plentiful catches, and Bunny Stew from Bunnies.
- On the Old-gen console version and Nintendo version, this buff is simpler, but is still extremely useful as it is easy to obtain, extremely versatile, and has a long duration.
- During Halloween, Pumpkins for Pumpkin Pie are plentiful. Other food items can be crafted or picked up from varied sources.
- Alternatively, a modest amount of fishing for other purposes can provide enough fish to keep a player well fed despite the shorter duration.
- Most players should carry a stack of "food" items, and try to keep the buff always active. The movement bonus alone would make that worthwhile, but in Expert Mode food is even more important, as it is required to regenerate health normally. In any mode, the small but broad boost to combat abilities comes in handy.
- This is especially true in The Constant seed, where the player can die from starving.
- Use this buff before boss fights or venturing into dangerous areas to gain a cheap and easy advantage. The movement speed bonus makes it worthwhile even for exploring and mining.
- The Cooked Marshmallow is currently the only item to have the same duration on all platforms.
- The buff icon for each food buff is a Roasted Bird, a Seafood Dinner, and a Roasted Duck respectively.
- Roasted Duck does not give the Exquisitely Stuffed buff, despite its icon usage. Instead it gives Plenty Satisfied.
- The stars depicted in the buff icons may be the Michelin Stars, a rating system given to high level restaurants.
- Desktop 188.8.131.52: Fixed a bug where the Exquisitely Stuffed buff did not boost Ranged damage.
- Desktop 184.108.40.206:
- Well Fed sprite updated. Old sprite was:
- Added Plenty Satisfied and Exquisitely Stuffed buffs.
- Introduction of many food items. Complete list here.
- Duration changes:
- Pumpkin Pie now grants Plenty Satisfied for 8 minutes.
- Desktop 220.127.116.11:
- Added Grub Soup and Bacon, both grant Well Fed.
- Grants full Life Regen in new Expert Mode.
- Duration changes:
- Pumpkin Pie increased from 15 to 45 minutes.
- Christmas Pudding increased from 15 to 35 minutes.
- Sugar Cookie and Gingerbread Cookie increased from 15 to 30 minutes.
- Bowl of Soup increased from 10 to 30 minutes.
- Cooked Fish, Cooked Shrimp, and Sashimi increased from 3 to 20 minutes.
- Pho increased from 7 to 15 minutes.
- Pad Thai increased from 4 to 10 minutes.
- Desktop 1.2.4:
- Added Cooked Fish, Cooked Shrimp and Sashimi, all grant Well Fed.
- Fixed bug that made Well Fed give 10% magic damage and no ranged damage instead of each having a 5% damage increase.
- Desktop 1.2.3: Added Pad Thai and Pho, both grant Well Fed.
- Desktop 1.2.2: Added Sugar Cookie, Gingerbread Cookie and Christmas Pudding, all grant Well Fed.
- Desktop 1.2.1: Added Pumpkin Pie, grants Well Fed.
- Desktop 1.2: Added Cooked Marshmallow, grants Well Fed.
- Desktop 1.0.6: Introduced with Bowl of Soup.