Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Use time||17 (Very fast)|
|Tooltip||Attackers also take damage|
"Thorns" redirects here. For the plant, see Thorny bushes. For the magic weapon obtained during a Blood Moon, see Blood Thorn.
The Thorns Potion is a buff potion which grants the Thorns buff when consumed. The buff inflicts a knockback of 10 (Extremely strong) on enemies that come into contact with the player, dealing 100% / 33% of their damage to them. This lasts for 8 minutes / 2 minutes, but can be canceled at any time by right-clicking the icon (), by selecting the icon using Cycle Next/Previous Buff and then pressing Remove Buff (), by selecting the icon and canceling it in the equipment menu (), by double-tapping the buff icon (), or by canceling the buff from the buffs screen ().
total: 2 row(s)
- This potion cannot be created in worlds with Crimson, as Worm Teeth are only dropped by Devourers in the Corruption. This is likely an unintended issue which arose with the 1.2.3 change. The Fishing feature introduced in 1.2.4 seems however to have balanced this by giving Crimson worlds the Heartreach Potion and Rage Potion while only giving Corruption worlds the Wrath Potion. However, both the Heartreach and Thorns Potions can be found in Chests, regardless of world type.
- The buff stacks with the Cactus armor's thorns set bonus, but not with the thorns effect from the Turtle armor set bonus, which overrides it.
- The Thorns buff also overrides the Dryad's Blessing buff.
- The reflected damage will be decreased by banners (25% in Classic or lower, 50% in Expert or above), rerolled inversely by luck (having negative luck will give a chance to increase incoming damage, and thus increasing thorns damage as a result) and capped at 1000 damage.
- This potion can be useful in fights where body contact is likely, such as the Creepers spawned by the Brain of Cthulhu or the final portion of the Queen Bee fight. It should never be relied on for primary damage, though, as enemies have much more health than the player.
- Like the Wrath Potion to the Rage Potion, the Thorns Potion may be seen as the Corruption counterpart to the Heartreach Potion, as they both give defensive buffs with imagery which references their respective biomes.
- Desktop 1.4.4: No longer requires Worm Teeth or Stingers to craft.
- Desktop 1.4.1: The Thorns effect has been increased from 33% of damage taken to 100%.
- Desktop 18.104.22.168: Duration increased from 2 to 8 minutes.
- Desktop 22.214.171.124: Sprite updated.
- Desktop 1.2.3: Added 1 Stinger and 1 Worm Tooth to recipe.
- Desktop 1.0.5: Introduced.
- Console-Release: Introduced.
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile-Release: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.
- Potion items
- Loot items
- Craftable items
- Consumable items
- Desktop content
- Console content
- Old-gen console content
- Mobile content
- 3DS content
- Items of rarity 1
- Pages with information based on outdated versions of Terraria's source code
- Recipes table with unexpected total number of rows
- Placed Bottle or Alchemy Table