Jump to navigation Jump to search
Alien QueenHardmode exclusive
|AI Type||Fighter AI|
120180270 (Alien Goop)
|Banner||Alien Queen Banner|
|Debuff tooltip||Gravity around you is distorted|
|Chance||50%100% (Alien Goop)|
|Duration||6 - 125 - 9 seconds|
The Alien Queen is a Hardmode, post-Lunatic Cultist flying enemy that spawns in Vortex Pillar area during the Lunar Events. It attacks by shooting Alien Goop projectiles that can inflict the Distorted debuff.
Upon death it spawns a certain amount of Alien Larvae. These can quickly grow into Alien Hornets which can then grow into more Alien Queens.
The Distorted debuff is inflicted by the Alien Queen's shots. It causes the player to randomly rise and descend in wave-like motions based on horizontal position. It makes controlled descent impossible, but hooks and teleportation devices can somewhat counteract this effect. The usage of Gravitation Potions or a Gravity Globe can also allow the player to 'fall' toward the ground.
- The Alien Queen is possibly a reference to the Queen Xenomorph in the 1986 film Aliens.
- The Bestiary entry for the Alien Queen: "The final evolutionary stage of the alien hornet. They fire powerful disruptive energy at their prey, and give birth to many larvae."
- Desktop 1.4.4:
- Walk and chasing speed was increased significantly.
- The velocity of Alien Goop projectiles was reduced.
- Desktop 220.127.116.11: Introduced.
- Console 1.0.933.1: Introduced. ()
- Console 1.0.750.0: Introduced. ()
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile 18.104.22.168: Introduced.