Flask of Gold
|Buff||Weapon Imbue: Gold|
|Buff tooltip||Melee attacks make enemies drop more gold|
|Duration||20 minutes (Desktop, Console and Mobile versions)|
15 minutes (Old-gen console and 3DS versions)
The Flask of Gold is a Hardmode flask that causes melee weapons and whips(Desktop, Console and Mobile versions) to inflict the Midas debuff for 2 seconds on enemies hit. Melee weapons that fire projectiles will also inflict the debuff on enemies hit by the projectiles (except for the Flairon's bubbles).
The Flask of Gold cannot be used in conjunction with other flasks, and using it will remove any existing flask effects. (Desktop, Console and Mobile versions) Like all other flasks, the effect will not be canceled when the player dies.
- Weapons and projectiles affected by the flask will emit glowing golden sparks.
- The Flask of Gold also makes pickaxes and melee weapons provide light, making it a sidegrade to the Shine Potion, since it also improves money drops but requires constant use of weapons or tools.
- The Lucky Coin and its upgrades operate independently, and can make hunting and events even more profitable.
- The total cost of buying the Gold Dust is 85 SC. So, even with the Midas debuff's lowest benefit possible (10%), the player will get a return on investment after earning just 8 GC50 SC. Killing a Mimic, the Queen Bee, or any Hardmode boss will do, but mass-killing pre-Hardmode bosses may be very profitable, and the Solar Eclipse is ideal.
- Desktop 184.108.40.206:
- Flasks now last across death.
- Buff duration increased from 15 to 20 minutes.
- Desktop 1.2.4: Fixed bug where the Flask of Gold would apply the Ichor debuff on enemies rather than the Midas debuff.