Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Use time||17 (Very fast)|
|Tooltip||Shows the location of enemies|
The Hunter Potion is a buff potion which grants the Hunter buff when consumed. The buff shows the location of enemies, critters, and undiscovered NPCs on the screen by highlighting them in red (enemies) or green (critters and NPCs). This lasts for 8 minutes / 5 minutes, but can be canceled at any time by right-clicking the icon (), by selecting the icon using Cycle Next/Previous Buff and then pressing Remove Buff (), by selecting the icon and canceling it in the equipment menu (), by double-tapping the buff icon (), or by canceling the buff from the buffs screen (). Although the creatures glow, they do not emit any light to the surrounding area.
Aside from being crafted, Hunter Potions can rarely be found in Pots, chests, and crates.
|Hunter Potion||Placed Bottle|
- Hunter Potions are very useful for locating rare enemies such as Mimics, Nymphs and Cyan Beetles, or critters such as Truffle Worms and Mice.
- Bound NPCs like the Goblin Tinkerer and the Tavernkeep and neutral ones such as the Skeleton Merchant will be highlighted green under the effect of this potion, making locating them much easier as well.
- The Lifeform Analyzer informs the player of the presence of nearby rare creatures. This helps determining when a Hunter Potion is worth consuming.
- The Hunter Potion has great utility when fighting enemies that move through blocks, such as burrowing worm enemies like the Eater of Worlds, or Man Eaters and Angry Trappers. It makes it possible to see them when they would otherwise be hardly visible, and anticipate their attacks.
- Hunter Potions can also be used to locate pocket caves underground by revealing enemies that spawn inside them.
- Certain enemies such as Wraiths will not be made any more visible by this potion.
- The Hunter Potion allows distinguishing fake Lunatic Cultists from real ones.
- It can be quite difficult to craft, as a Shark Fin is needed for each one. Shark Statues can make this an easier process.
- Desktop 22.214.171.124: Duration increased from 5 to 8 minutes.
- Desktop 126.96.36.199: Sprite updated.
- Desktop 1.2.3: Now makes enemies glow red and makes them not emit any light.
- Desktop 1.0.5: Introduced.
- Console-Release: Introduced.
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile-Release: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.