- Wand of Sparking
- Wand of Frosting
- Gray Zapinator
- Aqua Scepter
- Thunder Zapper
- Space Gun
- Ice Rod
- Golden Shower
- Demon Scythe
- Laser Rifle
- Magic Dagger
- Orange Zapinator
- Sky Fracture
- Shadowflame Hex Doll
- Crystal Serpent
- Leaf Blower
- Frost Staff
- Poison Staff
- Heat Ray
- Venom Staff
- Unholy Trident
- Bubble Gun
- Laser Machinegun
- Charged Blaster Cannon
- Last Prism
- Betsy's Wrath
|Knockback||3 (Very weak)|
|Use time||27 (Average)|
|Tooltip||Your summons will focus struck enemies|
Strike enemies with dark energy to gain whip attack speed
Dark energy jumps from enemies hit by summons
|Buff tooltip||Whip speed is increased|
- Dark Harvest
- Internal Item ID: 4680
- Internal Buff ID: 311
- Internal Projectile ID: 849
The Dark Harvest is a Hardmode whip dropped by the Pumpking during the Pumpkin Moon event. Like other whips, it causes minions to focus on the last-struck enemy.
Striking an enemy with Dark Harvest applies a "dark energy" aura to the target. Every time a minion attacks that enemy, the dark aura flares out and damages the target as well as nearby enemies for 10 damage (not affected by any damage bonuses) with 50 armor penetration.
Hitting an enemy with Dark Harvest will grant the Harvest Time buff, which increases attack speed by 35% for 3 seconds, and the buff duration can be refreshed by hitting enemies with the Dark Harvest again.
If the Dark Harvest hits multiple targets in a single attack, the damage dealt by each consecutive hit will be reduced by 10%.
Its best modifier is Legendary.
- Due to the nature of Dark Harvest's Harvest Time buff, switching to another whip while the buff is active will increase its speed for a brief duration.
- Like the Firecracker, the Dark Harvest forgoes summon tag damage for an on-hit special effect.
- Dark Harvest's high attack speed grant it the third highest DPS of any of the whips behind the Morning Star and Kaleidoscope. With melee speed-boosting accessories, the Dark Harvest is capable of competing with the Morning Star and surpassing it, though this requires specialized builds.
- This is one of the best post-Plantera whips the player can obtain before killing the Empress of Light. However, the Morning Star may be better for a single target, due to its buffs to minion damage and critical strike chance.
- Dark Harvest is an excellent choice for events, as the player can focus on mini-bosses while the dark energy kills nearby, weaker enemies.
- Dark Harvest works better with rapidly-attacking minions like the Xeno Staff or Blade Staff than with slower minions.
- If the player can switch weapons fast enough, they can get all the melee speed buffs from the Snapthorn, the Durendal, and the Dark Harvest at the same time. Strike an enemy with one, then select the next, and finally select the last whip and receive its bonus. However, this strategy is very impractical without other bonuses, because by the time the player selects the last whip, the first buff might have already run out. The strategy could be complemented by equipping the Obsidian armor, or by only using two of the whips at a time.
- This item is similar to a Kusarigama, a sickle with a weighted chain attached to it.
- Desktop 1.4.4:
- Use time reduced from 30 to 27.
- Harvest Time (Dark Harvest's Whip Speed buff) has been reduced from 50% to 35%.
- Reaping (Dark Harvest's special tag debuff) will now proc damage on the affected target as well as nearby targets. This acts as an effective 10 tag damage.
- Fixed an issue where the whip speed buff would incorrectly apply the buff to Melee weapons.
- Desktop 1.4.1:
- Range increased.
- Damage penalty for each additional target hit per swing reduced from 30% to 10%.
- Desktop 22.214.171.124: Introduced.
- Console 126.96.36.199.4.1: Introduced.
- Switch 188.8.131.52.5: Introduced.
- Mobile 184.108.40.206.0: Introduced.