- Wand of Sparking
- Wand of Frosting
- Gray Zapinator
- Aqua Scepter
- Thunder Zapper
- Space Gun
- Ice Rod
- Golden Shower
- Demon Scythe
- Laser Rifle
- Magic Dagger
- Orange Zapinator
- Sky Fracture
- Shadowflame Hex Doll
- Crystal Serpent
- Leaf Blower
- Frost Staff
- Poison Staff
- Heat Ray
- Venom Staff
- Unholy Trident
- Bubble Gun
- Laser Machinegun
- Charged Blaster Cannon
- Last Prism
- Betsy's Wrath
Stardust Dragon Staff
|Knockback||2 (Very weak)|
|Use time||36 (Very slow)|
|Tooltip||Summons a stardust dragon to fight for you|
'Who needs a horde of minions when you have a giant dragon?'
|Buff tooltip||The stardust dragon will protect you|
- Stardust Dragon 1
- Stardust Dragon 2
- Stardust Dragon 3
- Stardust Dragon 4
- Internal Item ID: 3531
- Internal Buff ID: 188
- Internal Projectile ID: 625, 626, 627, 628
Stardust Dragon minion summoned 1 time (top) and 2 times (bottom).
The Stardust Dragon Staff is a Hardmode, post-Lunatic Cultist summon weapon that summons a Stardust Dragon that attacks enemies. The Stardust Dragon constantly flies around the screen surrounding the player, and flies through blocks, attacking enemies by flying through them. It leaves a trail of sparkles that provide periodic bursts of light as it moves.
The Stardust Dragon Staff is special in that if summoned more than once, multiple Dragons do not spawn — instead, the first spawned Dragon becomes longer by one segment for each additional summoning, broadening its area of attack and increasing its damage output. Each summon creates additional segments between the tail and the pre-tail segment, and re-summons the tail.
The Stardust Dragon hits ten times per second. It inflicts damage according to the formula:
summon dmg*(1.69 + .46[summon length - 1]), which is then all multiplied by a random multiplier between 0.85 and 1.15. Each segment of the dragon deals damage based on the damage modifier on the staff used to summon them, which means that different segments of the dragon can deal different damage.
Its best modifier is Ruthless. The Mythical modifier provides the widest array of stat bonuses, but these primarily affect the initial summon rather than the resulting minion. Additionally, minions cannot deal critical hits. The only lasting advantage a Mythical Stardust Dragon Staff has over a Ruthless one is knockback.
total: 1 row(s)
- Like most minions, pressing the ⚷ Open / Activate button on an enemy while the Staff is held will cause the Stardust Dragon to focus on that enemy, but it may change targets before killing the enemy it was focused on.
- The Stardust Dragon Staff is useful for farming, as high-level summons of it are capable of killing even the toughest non-boss enemies.
- With proper minion damage bonuses, the Stardust Dragon can easily take out all bosses, including the Moon Lord.
- The Dragon will inadvertently damage any entities it flies over, including critters and cultists, which will be killed quickly or instantly. Dispel the Dragon minion or hold the Guide to Critter Companionship in the inventory if one is trying to avoid killing them.
- The Stardust Dragon has a frequent habit of attacking off-screen enemies. Keep that in mind in case the player is searching for a specific rare item drop.
- Due to its high amount of damage with many segments, the Firecracker's tag can deal immense amounts of damage in one hit when used alongside it.
- When picking armor and accessories to maximize the Stardust Dragon's damage, as a general rule, increasing the length of the dragon with additional summons is almost always better than increasing its damage by some percent.
- The Stardust Dragon buff icon is also used internally as the Daybroken debuff icon. It is merely a placeholder icon, as it cannot be inflicted upon players, so the icon never actually displays in-game.
- The Desert Tiger Staff and Abigail's Flower are the only other summon weapons that do not spawn a new minion but rather enhance the existing one.
- Its buff tooltip is similar to the buff tooltip for the Stardust Guardian, being "The stardust guardian will protect you" and "The stardust dragon will protect you" respectively.
- Desktop 18.104.22.168: Changed to use local immunity frames.
- Desktop 22.214.171.124: Fixed certain issues with the Stardust Dragon's damage and rebalanced it to be more in line with other minions.
- Damage decreased from 60 to 40.
- Desktop 126.96.36.199: Fixed size bugs of the Stardust Dragon. Changed sell price from 20 silver to 10 gold.
- Desktop 188.8.131.52: Introduced.
- Console 1.0.933.1: Introduced. ()
- Console 1.0.750.0: Introduced. ()
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile 184.108.40.206: Introduced.