|Use time||17 (Very fast)|
|Tooltip||Detects hooked fish|
The Sonar Potion is a buff potion which grants the Sonar buff when consumed. When fishing while under the effects of the potion, the name of what will be caught will appear above the lure when it is bitten. This lasts for 8 minutes, but can be canceled at any time by right-clicking the icon (), by selecting the icon using Cycle Next/Previous Buff and then pressing Remove Buff (), by selecting the icon and canceling it in the equipment menu (), by double-tapping the buff icon (), or by canceling the buff from the buffs screen ().
This potion is especially useful, allowing the player to not waste bait on unnecessary fish as the cast can be left in the water until another fish bites at the line. This can be useful for angler quests as well as crate fishing. It also makes it so the player cannot get trash items even if they reel them in.
|Sonar Potion||Placed Bottle|
- The Sonar Potion has a chance to be rewarded by the Angler for completing fishing quests.
- If Pickup Text is disabled in the game settings, the buff will not display anything.
- The Sonar Potion will display any fishable entity, which includes items, crates, Blood Moon enemies, and the Surly Slime.
- When Blood Moon enemies are about to be fished up, the text for them is colored red.
- One exception is the Duke Fishron. No text is shown when it is about to be summoned.
- It has the same crafting recipe as the Gills Potion.
- Desktop 126.96.36.199: Fixed a bug where having pickup text on and fishing with the Sonar Potion would delete the item caught.
- Desktop 188.8.131.52: Sprite updated.
- Desktop 1.2.4: Introduced.