The Inner Tube is an accessory that causes the player to float on the surface of liquids instead of sinking to the bottom. The effect can be temporarily negated by holding ▼ Down. It can be found in Water Chests and Ocean/Seaside Crates.
The Inner Tube's effects are replaced with the Flipper's effect if the player is holding a Trident. Neptune's Shell and its derivative accessories will override the Inner Tube's effects entirely.
- With the Inner Tube equipped, the player gains +5 Fishing Power while touching the liquid.
- The Inner Tube is more useful than the Flipper and Water Walking Boots at the beginning of the game, since it provides a function similar to having both accessories equipped. However, unlike those accessories, the Inner Tube has no upgrades, so it will be outclassed once the player has purchased the Tinkerer's Workshop.
- As long as the player is underwater, this accessory will accelerate the player upward with no speed cap. This can be exploited by using a deep water column to reach incredibly high speeds.
- This can be further exploited using Lances to cause extraordinarily high damage, with the potential to inflict 1 million damage in a single hit.
- Once the player reaches speeds of around 150 mph, they will start to phase through blocks and ignore the Portal Gun's portals, but not Teleporters.
- Combined with a Featherfall Potion, sinking to the bottom of the Ocean and floating up will cause the character to shoot up high into the sky, possibly even reaching Floating Island height.
- When combined with the stealth effect provided by Psycho Knife, Shroomite armor, or Vortex armor, the Inner Tube will still be visible, so wearing it in vanity slot is a good way to locate the player. However, Invisibility Potion will make it invisible as normal.
- The term inner tube refers to the inflatable ring that forms the interior of some pneumatic tires. It is also sometimes used as a synonym of swim ring, an inflatable water toy derived from the original inner tube. The Terraria item closely resembles a swim ring.
- Desktop 1.4.4: Drop rate in Water Chests and Crates increased from
20.25*81/400 (20.25%) to 22.5*9/40 (22.5%).