The Ankh Charm is a Hardmode accessory which combines the effects of the Armor Bracing, Medicated Bandage, The Plan, Countercurse Mantra, and Reflective Shades / Blindfold.
It provides immunity to all of the following debuffs:
- While the Ankh Charm protects against ten / nine of the arguably most common debuffs, this immunity accounts for only a small selection of the potential negative effects a player can suffer.
- The Ankh, the ancient Egyptian hieroglyphic symbol that is depicted on the item, was most commonly used in writing and in art to represent the word for "life" and, by extension, as a symbol of life itself. The Ankh symbol is seen in many depictions of Egyptian deities, where it symbolized eternal life. These deities were depicted as holding the Ankh by the loop at the top.
- This item appears to be an omamori, a Japanese, Shinto charm made of decorative paper which were meant to give good luck and protection to its wearer. Omamori commonly have a pentagonal shape and feature a written prayer in the center, similar to how the Ankh symbol appears in the center of the Ankh Charm. The hole at the top of an omamori would be used to put a string through, so that the charm could be worn like a necklace or hung off of an outfit or on your home.
- Desktop 1.4.4:
- Now provides immunity to the Stoned debuff.
- Now requires the Reflective Shades in its recipe instead of a Blindfold.