Dragon armor

From Terraria Wiki
(Redirected from Dragon Greaves)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Old-gen console versionNintendo 3DS version
Old-gen console/3DS-Only Content: This information applies only to the Old-gen console and 3DS versions of Terraria.
Dragon armor
  • Dragon armor equipped (male)old Dragon armor item sprite
  • Dragon armor equipped (female)
Stack digit 1.png
Statistics
Type
Defense60
Set Bonus21% increased melee and movement speed
RarityRarity level: 5
Sell45 GC (set)

Dragon armor is a Hardmode melee armor set consisting of the Dragon Mask, the Dragon Breastplate and the Dragon Greaves. Each separate piece of Dragon armor has a 1/9 (11.11%) chance of being dropped by Ocram, or can otherwise be crafted.

A full set of Dragon armor provides the following benefits:

  • +60 defense
  • +20% melee damage
  • +15% critical strike chance
  • +38% melee speed
  • +35% movement speed

Additionally, if the full set is visible the player will have an afterimage, similar to Necro armor.

Set

Dragon Mask
  • Dragon Mask item spriteold Dragon Mask item sprite
Stack digit 1.png
Statistics
Type
Defense26
Body slotHelmet
Tooltip15% increased melee speed and damage
15% increased critical strike chance
RarityRarity level: 5
Sell10 GC
  • Internal Item ID: 5001 (Old-gen console and 3DS versions)
Dragon Breastplate
  • Dragon Breastplate item spriteold Dragon Breastplate item sprite
Stack digit 1.png
Statistics
Type
Defense20
Body slotShirt
Tooltip10% increased critical strike chance
5% increased melee damage
RarityRarity level: 5
Sell20 GC
  • Internal Item ID: 5004 (Old-gen console and 3DS versions)
Dragon Greaves
  • Dragon Greaves item spriteold Dragon Greaves item sprite
Stack digit 1.png
Statistics
Type
Defense14
Body slotPants
Tooltip12% increased movement speed
2% increased melee speed
RarityRarity level: 5
Sell15 GC
  • Internal Item ID: 5007 (Old-gen console and 3DS versions)

Crafting

Recipes

ResultIngredientsCrafting station
Nintendo 3DS version only:
Dragon BreastplateDragon Breastplate
Mythril AnvilMythril Anvil
or
Orichalcum AnvilOrichalcum Anvil
Old-gen console version only:
Dragon BreastplateDragon Breastplate
Nintendo 3DS version only:
Dragon GreavesDragon Greaves
Old-gen console version only:
Dragon GreavesDragon Greaves
Nintendo 3DS version only:
Dragon MaskDragon Mask
Old-gen console version only:
Dragon MaskDragon Mask

Notes

  • Cobalt and Mythril Ore is required to craft the set. If the player's world has Palladium/Orichalcum Ore instead of Cobalt/Mythril, they will either have to create a new world or fish for crates (creating a new world may be quicker than fishing for crates).
  • Despite the tooltips saying the critical strike chances are 15% for the mask and 10% for the breastplate, they are in fact 10% and 5% respectively. This means a full set only provides a total of 15% increase in critical strike chance rather than the listed 25%.

Tips

  • Dragon armor is one of the best melee armor sets in the game, however it can be outclassed by Beetle or Turtle armor in certain aspects, so this can be regarded as a situational set.
  • Though it is a very effective melee set, the Turtle armor provides an extra 5 defense points, is easier to obtain, and has the thorns set bonus, which returns all of the damage taken by melee attacks back to the attacker.
  • If the player is willing to forgo the set bonus, the Beetle Scale Mail offers 8% increased melee damage and critical strike chance, and 6% increased movement and melee speed (with a positive change in defense).

Trivia

  • Dragon armor can be considered an upgrade of the Shadow armor.

See also

History

  • Console 1.4.0.5.4.1: Removed — Mask replaced with 50 GC, Breastplate with 1 PC, and Greaves with 75 GC (their original buy prices).
  • Console 1.09: Dragon armor can now be crafted with Titanium armor pieces.
  • Console 1.02:
    • Titan, Spectral and Dragon armor now require fewer ingredients.
    • Sprite updated. The old sprite was a recolor of Jungle armor: Dragon armor (old).png
  • Mobile 1.2.11964: Dragon armor can now be crafted with Palladium, Orichalcum, or Titanium armor pieces.