Jump to navigation Jump to search
Corrupt SlimeHardmode exclusive
|AI Type||Slime AI|
|Banner||Corrupt Slime Banner|
|Debuff tooltip||Decreased light vision|
|Duration||15 seconds30 seconds|
Old-gen console and
Shadow SlimeHardmode exclusive
- Item (Quantity)Rate
- Gel (6–7)100%
- Internal NPC ID: 1004
The Corrupt Slime is a Hardmode slime appearing in The Corruption and Underground Corruption. It splits into three Slimelings upon death. Both its original form and the Slimelings can inflict the Darkness debuff.
Like most other slimes, the Corrupt Slime will be passive towards any player with the Royal Gel accessory equipped.
The Old-gen console version and Nintendo version also feature the exclusive Shadow Slime variant.
Gelatin World Tour • “Defeat every type of slime there is!”
Defeat at least one of every type of slime.
- Since the Corrupt Slime splits into three new enemies upon death, it is great for farming items like Gel, Souls of Night, or the Blindfold. For instance, the chance that at least one Blindfold is dropped from the Corrupt Slime and the three Slimelings is 3.94% / 7.76%, as opposed to 1% / 2% from a single Corrupt Slime or Slimeling.
- Care should be taken with "volcano-type" farms. When the Corrupt Slime breaks into Slimelings, they will be able to phase through blocks for a short period of time, potentially reaching the player.
- A Royal Gel can neutralize this threat, however, Slimelings piled up in one area may bring enemy spawning to a halt. Some sort of secondary termination stations are recommended beside the farming spot.
- The Corrupt Slime can be considered the Hardmode version of the Mother Slime, which also splits into three smaller slimes.
- Unlike most enemies exclusive to the Old-gen console version and Nintendo version, the Shadow Slime is weaker than its base variant, the Corrupt Slime.
- The Bestiary entry for the Corrupt Slime: "Steeped in the power of Corruption, these slimes can survive being cut apart into smaller pieces, unlike their untainted brethren."
- Desktop 1.4.4: Monster Meat drop rate reduced from 1/1000 to 1/1500. In Don't Starve seeds, changed from 1/200 to 1/500.
- Desktop 1.4.3: Now drops the Monster Meat.
- Desktop 126.96.36.199: Now drops the Meat Grinder.
- Desktop 188.8.131.52: Can now drop its own respective banner.
- Desktop 1.1: Introduced.
- Console 1.0.933.1: Removed Shadow Slime. ()
- Console 1.0.750.0: Removed Shadow Slime. ()
- Console-Release: Introduced.
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile 184.108.40.206: Removed Shadow Slime.
- Mobile-Release: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.