(Redirected from Dragon Skull)Jump to navigation Jump to search
|AI Type||Cursed Skull AI|
|Banner||Cursed Skull Banner|
|Debuff tooltip||Cannot use any items|
|Duration||4 seconds8 seconds10 seconds|
|Coins||150Pre-Hardmode: 375Hardmode: 3|
Old-gen console and
- Item (Quantity)Rate
- Bone (1–3)98.5%
- Internal NPC ID: 1012
The Cursed Skull (and the Dragon Skull on Old-gen console and ) is a flying enemy found only in the Dungeon. It is similar to the Meteor Head, with high damage, slow speed, and the ability to travel through tiles. It floats slowly towards the player, occasionally stopping to float in a circle around them for a while, before suddenly lunging forward to attack, similar to the Eye of Cthulhu. When striking a player, the Cursed Skull has a decent chance to apply the Cursed debuff. This renders the player unable to use items, including Weapons, Potions, and Grappling Hooks, making it very difficult to avoid further damage.
They are much more likely to appear in Dungeon areas where there are Brick Walls.
- Cursed Skulls can be attacked through walls with melee weapons. Weapons with long range like Spears work well. This may, however, result in drops being trapped inside of the wall beyond the player's reach.
- Cursed Skulls and Dragon Skulls can, rather rarely, drop more than 3/6 Bones when defeated.
- Cursed Skulls are effective enemies to farm for the Nazar, since they spawn more often than the few other enemies that also drop it. This should preferably be done in Pre-Hardmode, since it is more difficult to obtain in Hardmode.
- After Plantera is defeated, a similar enemy will spawn, the Giant Cursed Skull.
- This enemy is likely a reference to the Bubble enemy from the Legend of Zelda series, who inflicts the same debuff.
- They are one of several enemies to be turned into toys.
- The Bestiary entry for the Cursed Skull: "Exposed to dark rituals, this skull has begun floating around on its own, chasing the living. Its touch leaves its victims defenseless."
- Desktop 188.8.131.52: Now drops the Cream Soda.
- Desktop 1.3.5: Sprite updated.
- Desktop 184.108.40.206:
- Can now drop the Tally Counter.
- Can now drop its own respective banner.
- Desktop 1.2:
- Sprite updated.
- Can now drop the Nazar.
- Desktop 1.0.6:
- Can now apply the Cursed debuff.
- No longer immune to knockback.
- Now drop either 1-3 Bones or, more rarely, a Golden Key.
- Desktop 1.0.5:
- Desktop-Release: Introduced.
- Console 1.0.933.1: Removed Dragon Skull. ()
- Console 1.0.750.0: Removed Dragon Skull. ()
- Console-Release: Introduced.
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile 220.127.116.11: Removed Dragon Skull.
- Mobile-Release: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.