Jump to navigation Jump to search
|AI Type||Fighter AI|
120 / 160 240360 (Happy Bomb)
|Debuff tooltip||Movement is reversed|
|Duration||5 seconds10 seconds12.5 seconds|
- Item (Quantity)Rate
- Bananarang (1–4)3.33%
The Clown is an uncommon Hardmode enemy that only appears during Blood Moons. Its primary weapons are Happy Bombs, which are thrown in an arc and deal high damage but do not destroy tiles. It can inflict the Confused debuff when dealing contact damage. On the Desktop version, Console version, and Mobile version, Clowns can also throw Chattering Teeth Bombs.
Once the player has defeated at least one Clown in a world, the Clothier will start selling the Clown set.
It is one of the few entities that can be detected by the Lifeform Analyzer or its upgrades. The Clown requires 25 kills to be awarded completion of its Bestiary entry and corresponding banner, as opposed to the usual 50 kills.
- Although spawn rates are significantly increased during a Blood Moon, it is not guaranteed that a Clown will spawn.
- Although the Bananarang is a weapon, due to its stackable nature (a feature shared only with Light Discs), the Clown may drop multiple Bananarangs at a time.
- In the Getfixedboi and Don't dig up Secret world seeds, Clowns will drop the Chain Knife instead of the KO Cannon.
- This enemy is modeled after the archetypal evil clown, which has been a recurring urban legend in the United States since the 1900s.
- The Bestiary entry for the Clown: "His origins unknown, this creepy fiend balances himself on a ball while hurling explosive destruction at everything around him."
- Desktop 1.4.4:
- Damage of Happy Bombs reduced from 160 to 120.
- Happy Bombs now glow, making them easier to see.
- Clowns now make idle sounds.
- Clown's drop pool has also been overhauled:
- Is now the sole source of KO Cannon, having a 1/5 chance to drop it.
- Bananarang drop rate has been increased from 1/30 to 1/10.
- Bloody Tear drop rate increased from 1/100 to 1/10 (like other uncommon Blood Moon enemies).
- Desktop 1.4.1: Increased the Bloody Tear drop chance from 1/200 to 1/100.
- Desktop 188.8.131.52:
- Now has a chance to drop the Bloody Tear.
- Can now be detected by Lifeform Analyzer.
- Now throw Chattering Teeth Bombs.
- Desktop 1.3.5: Sprite updated.
- Desktop 184.108.40.206: Now has a chance to drop a Clown Banner.
- Desktop 1.2:
- Clowns no longer destroy tiles.
- Now has a chance to drop Trifold Map or Bananarangs.
- Desktop 1.1.1:
- Bombs thrown by Clowns will now show that the wall has been destroyed in multiplayer.
- Will only throw bombs when players are in range.
- Desktop 1.1: Introduced.
- Console-Release: Introduced.
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile-Release: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.