Jump to navigation Jump to search
Crimson AxeHardmode exclusive
|AI Type||Flying Weapon AI|
|Banner||Crimson Axe Banner|
|Debuff tooltip||Cannot use any items|
- Item (Quantity)Rate
This article is about the enemy. For the Crimson-themed axe, see Blood Lust Cluster.
The Crimson Axe is a Hardmode enemy which is found in the Underground Crimson. It hovers and spins before lunging at the player, traveling through any blocks to reach them. Any knockback stops its attack, forcing it to pause and spin up again. On the Desktop version, Console version, and Mobile version, it can inflict the Cursed debuff.
- Like most other enemies with the ability to pass through tiles, Crimson Axes are unable to spawn if the player is standing in front of valid housing walls.
- Like most other Crimson enemies, Crimson Axes can only spawn on top of Crimson grass, Crimstone, Crimsand, or Red Ice Blocks. They can do so even if the player is not specifically in a Crimson biome.
- The Arkhalis or the Terragrim are excellent weapons to deal with this enemy, as even a single hit forces to recharge its spin. In effect, these weapons can act as a shield surrounding the player, completely impassable by the Crimson Axe.
- The Crimson Axe shares the same sprite as the Blood Lust Cluster, except the red glow.
- The Bestiary entry for the Crimson Axe: "Ensorcelled by the Crimson collective, this weapon moves about and chops its enemies by its own will."
- Enchanted Sword, the Hallow counterpart
- Cursed Hammer, the Corruption counterpart
- Desktop 1.4.4: Fixed the issue of Crimson Axes being dramatically rarer than Enchanted Swords, where they should have be about as common as the latter.
- Desktop 220.127.116.11: Now inflicts Cursed debuff.
- Desktop 1.3.5: Sprite updated.
- Desktop 1.2.3: Fixed bug where Crimson Axe wouldn't drop Nazar.
- Desktop 1.2: Introduced.
- Console 1.02: Introduced.
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile 1.2.6508: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.